Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xlt xf4
Occupation
Welder
Here is what I use:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-45-Gal-Latch-and-Stack-Tote-with-Wheels-in-Black-206133/303099671
Less than $25, holds WAAAAAAAAY more than what I'll EVER put in, and it fits perfectly under my Xtang Xceed folding tonneau. It has wheels so it's easy to pull out when/if I need the full bed. Nice latching cover and it's pretty stout plastic, HD claims it holds up to 400lbs! I just secure/strap it to the 2 front tie-downs.
IMG_6418.jpeg

IMG_6417.jpeg

IMG_6419.jpeg
How is the extang exceed treating you? I have one on order and am looking forward to installing it.
Sponsored

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
How is the extang exceed treating you? I have one on order and am looking forward to installing it.
Love it! Bone dry in the bed, has never leaked and I use the 303 UV Protectant on it and it looks just like it did 10 months ago when I bought it.
??

Lempar

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xlt xf4
Occupation
Welder
Love it! Bone dry in the bed, has never leaked and I use the 303 UV Protectant on it and it looks just like it did 10 months ago when I bought it.
??
Beautiful. Thanks for the reply. Will buy the 303.

Tiggger1531

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
retired USAF
I'm with ya brother on the sticker shock thing w/storage options. Though I have used that brand and only had problems in the extreme winter that plastic becomes brittle. Take a look at these, they are more industrial and still way cheaper than a lot of stuff I've looked at. I have not made a decision on the size yet but I will post some pix when I configure it...I DO have OCD and I will definitely over-think the whole thing..
https://www.zoro.com/quantum-storag...n-w-gray-rso2415-7/i/G4030171/#specifications
Hey Nick
I saw the USAF Security Police badge on your ID. I'm a retired SP, Did 22.5 yrs

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Great compact storage.;)
I am by no means an "OCD" person but I find by using rubber strap tiedowns, without protective rubber
end(s), will result in scratching/wearing down and through the protective paint on the Ranger tie points and rusting. A simple solution is to apply/wrap silicone tape to both the tie points and tie down straps.
Another easy way is to put short loops of nylon webbing around the tie-down cleats, and attach your hooks, etc. to the webbing. The webbing loops are also handy when you want to run a line through the cleat to another point instead of hooking to it. This is especially handy if your tie-down cleats are recessed behind an opening in a drop-in bedliner.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Hey Nick
I saw the USAF Security Police badge on your ID. I'm a retired SP, Did 22.5 yrs
very cool!
I was SAC Elite Guard my whole time, Offutt AFB Bellevue NE. [E-3]
What duty stations did you see?
Sponsored