First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat, 2.5 Leveler, MBRP 3" Exhaust
Occupation
Just another incredibly super average dude
I found Tire Size Calculator on-line to be a huge help: https://tiresize.com/calculator/
I've modified my Lariat with a 2.5" leveler kit, removed the crash bars and am running 1.5" spacers. Based on my research from Tire Size Calculator and the comparisons, it looks like I should be able to fit a 285/70R18, 305/65R18, or 33/12.5R18. - A 2" gain in tire must be divided across the center of the tire, so you are only really getting 1" closer to hard parts. Same goes for width. If you're upgraded tire is 1" wider, then you have to devide that across the center of the tire, which equates to 1/2" to the inner and outer side walls. Also, (very important), if you notice, your stock tire (265/60/r18) might have listed, that it does 639 revs/mile, while the larger tire, say a 305/65R18 has 600 revs/mile. What happens is that although you may have covered a mile in only 600 revs, but your computer thinks you need 39 more to complete the mile. In reality, your going further with the computer thinking otherwise. Although your new tire might be heavier, it's the true revs calculation that is throwing off and skewing what most are thinking are huge losses to their fuel economy.

That all being said, I've still got my factory installed Hankooks, and have seen the Toyo, Falken, Nitto, & Yokohama's and although they look good, (being old school) I just can't stomach the thoughts of going with an Asian tire on my truck. I've always liked BF Goodrich, but the KO are too aggressive for my daily use and they don't make the "Trail-Terrain" in anything above a 285/65/18. Given the tires manufactured within the good ol US of A, I've been leaning toward Cooper (now owned by Goodyear). I've read allot of great reviews about their Discoverer AT3 XLT's and have seen them fitted up to other trucks. They are a more street friendly than most A/T's, and don't have tread singing complaints common to many other A/T's. Additionally, they come with a 60k warranty. I hope to have a set of 275/70R18's or more preferably, a set of 305/65R18 fitted in the coming months. (Can't find much in 285/70R18, unless I go Asian)

Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT.png
Sponsored

Deleted member 15875

I found Tire Size Calculator on-line to be a huge help: https://tiresize.com/calculator/
I've modified my Lariat with a 2.5" leveler kit, removed the crash bars and am running 1.5" spacers. Based on my research from Tire Size Calculator and the comparisons, it looks like I should be able to fit a 285/70R18, 305/65R18, or 33/12.5R18. - A 2" gain in tire must be divided across the center of the tire, so you are only really getting 1" closer to hard parts. Same goes for width. If you're upgraded tire is 1" wider, then you have to devide that across the center of the tire, which equates to 1/2" to the inner and outer side walls. Also, (very important), if you notice, your stock tire (265/60/r18) might have listed, that it does 639 revs/mile, while the larger tire, say a 305/65R18 has 600 revs/mile. What happens is that although you may have covered a mile in only 600 revs, but your computer thinks you need 39 more to complete the mile. In reality, your going further with the computer thinking otherwise. Although your new tire might be heavier, it's the true revs calculation that is throwing off and skewing what most are thinking are huge losses to their fuel economy.

That all being said, I've still got my factory installed Hankooks, and have seen the Toyo, Falken, Nitto, & Yokohama's and although they look good, (being old school) I just can't stomach the thoughts of going with an Asian tire on my truck. I've always liked BF Goodrich, but the KO are too aggressive for my daily use and they don't make the "Trail-Terrain" in anything above a 285/65/18. Given the tires manufactured within the good ol US of A, I've been leaning toward Cooper (now owned by Goodyear). I've read allot of great reviews about their Discoverer AT3 XLT's and have seen them fitted up to other trucks. They are a more street friendly than most A/T's, and don't have tread singing complaints common to many other A/T's. Additionally, they come with a 60k warranty. I hope to have a set of 275/70R18's or more preferably, a set of 305/65R18 fitted in the coming months. (Can't find much in 285/70R18, unless I go Asian)

Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT.png
52442355.D2H_1137_Border.jpg