First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Moving some items for my kids that just bought their own home. Woman pulls out in front of me so brake slammed! I stopped fine but load shift got me!

Glad it’s over with now though! Lmao
3A4CCF65-7D93-4D86-BCD1-AF7F2716F945.jpeg
Sponsored

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Moving some items for my kids that just bought their own home. Woman pulls out in front of me so brake slammed! I stopped fine but load shift got me!
Glad it’s over with now though! Lmao

1637091798627.png

My first brand new motorcycle 1988. 50 miles on that bike. Went to my folk's house. I parked behind my dads big old Chrysler. While I'm inside he decides he's taking my 18 year old sister out for a drive. Goes back in a few minutes later in and motions for me to come outside for a moment. He didn't know the secret to picking up a motorcycle. He was teaching my sister to drive and she backed into that thing, knocking it over. Broke my heart and $400 later it was OK. it was good that it happened. First of two lessons that taught me not to idolize my chariot.
My first brand new vehicle 1994. Tacoma extra cab with 500 miles on it. Only time I ever drove after drinking, which I didn't do often (The drinking). Turned the corner off the main road where the sheriffs department sat. Dropped my cigarette in my lap, looked down to pick it up and looked up just in time to take out a bunch of tree limbs from the tree right at the driveway entrance to the sheriffs department. $5000 in damages.
I went and slept it off until about 6 AM and went back down to the sheriffs department with a big old coffee in my hand. Tree limbs scattered everywhere. Pulled in the sheriffs department to tell them I just took out that tree because somebody on a bicycle crossed the street right out front of me. Shift change going on and they didn't want to bother with it so they called the highway patrol. An old gruff HP gets in my face, I know he was smelling for liquor, and said he found it awfully funny there'd be a bicycle crossing over in front of me to make me swerve right there. My quick reply of, I found it awfully funny he'd be going that fast got him off my ass.
I don't drink anymore except for an occasional glass of wine and an occasional beer. Never two. And smoking, I gave up 11 years ago when I was eat up in lung cancer and emphysema. But that's another story someday.
So the moral of the story is, it's good when these things happen because they are just back to being our chariots. Yeah, we all have pride in them and there's nothing wrong with that. We work hard for what we have and we take care of them. Nothing wrong with being a little OCD about how we upkeep on them or how we turn them into money pits. I just learned not to worship things made by the hands of men.
Sponsored