First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
so far i had been lucky not to get covid and have been careful about washing hands keeping distance and masking up etc. But it finally got to me. started feeling a lil sick tuesday morning. by tuesday night i was miserable. still feel miserable. went to doc today got some medicine and instructions hopefully they work. dont wish this mess on anyone. coughing and hacking up nasty mucus, dizzy, fever and im achy an grumpy as the damn grinch. worse than the flu or cold for sure. anyone here deal with it that has tips or advice on feeling better faster?
1643854100953.png
Sponsored

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I would just suggest that if you have a fingertip pulse Oximeter handy that you keep a close eye on you blood O2 level. If it get below 85% go to a Doctor. Otherwise just let it run its course with support med's.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
thanks guys i will have to get a oxy meter. im drinking as much water as i can stand and not out of bed long. drove to the local cvs to pick up prescriptions and it felt like i had hang over just going a couple of miles driving.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Vitamin-C, Vitamin-D and some flavonoids (berries, melon, ect.) for recovery. Some sauerkraut to quell the stomach, have fibers and prevent possible diarrhea. Add some lactobacillus and drink plenty of fluids (orange/apple juice with natural sugars in it). Salt, preferably some with some NaCl/MgCl mix. Beef it up with mix of ibuprofein & paracetamol.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
My wife and I had it and my dad did too. We were double jabbed and contracted COVID 7 months afterward. The worst part for me, by a LONG shot, was the extreme rebound sinus congestion as a side effect of Afrin use. I'm talking EXTREME sinus pressure. We also had flu A at the same time. Honestly, it wasn't bad. I felt like I had a mild case of the flu.

It seems like prescriptions are all over the place for COVID symptoms. Water is good but mix some propel and Gatorade in with that. Also practice deep breathing. This isn't going to feel great but it will help your body evacuate crap from your lungs which is understood to help ward off pneumonia. I took ibuprofen for general headache symptoms. Good luck!

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
you dont have to answer this if you dont want to, but whats your vax status?

we had three people at work get it couple weeks ago.
I had close contact with the one, but under the threshold of having to isolate myself. He had closer contact with quite a few others.
the one had a sore throat for two days. the other coughed but he said it wasnt bad.
the third just disappeared for 5 days and came back and has said nothing.
the first two had double shots. the third guy no idea.
I've had three. only one other guy at work has three, and no one else got it.
if i got anything, i had no symptoms.

The virus ran through my girlfriend's house. Everybody in the house was vaccinated and/or boosted. Her oldest daughter caught it from her grandfather (took her shopping for the day while he was symptomatic, never told anybody he tested positive). From there it took 3 days to infect the rest of us. I don't live with her, but had spent the entire weekend with her and her kids.

I got my booster on 12/2/2021. I tested positive on 1/13/2022 and stayed positive (on a rapid test) for 10 days. Symptoms were more akin to a bad cold (I didn't have any bad coughing fits or anything). The kids both started testing negative within 3 days, the adults both took 10 days. Both kids were fully vaccinated.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Ran thru my family as well the last few weeks. COVID wasn't bad at all, I now have after flu or cold. Feel much worse but still testing negative.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Enjoy your Coronacation!

Seriously though, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
My Wife and I got it around Christmas. We are both boosted, ours was like a head cold. Mucinex helped us both. Get well soon!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
As bad as you feel, get up and move around or sit up. Also, try laying on your stomach some to provide better ventilation of/for your lungs.
Hope you recover soon. :)

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Vitamin-C, Vitamin-D and some flavonoids (berries, melon, ect.) for recovery. Some sauerkraut to quell the stomach, have fibers and prevent possible diarrhea. Add some lactobacillus and drink plenty of fluids (orange/apple juice with natural sugars in it). Salt, preferably some with some NaCl/MgCl mix. Beef it up with mix of ibuprofein & paracetamol.
You had me up till the salt, ibuprofein & paracetamol.

Caught early enough ivermectin has been proven to be effective, no shit.

edit;

Having been sick 3 times, one confirmed covid infection, I will say the first time I was the sick was the worst in late Jan of 2019 before all the hysteria started over covid, was it covid or the flu I don’t know but it was awful, headache, cough and felt my chest was compressed, almost lifeless.
2nd time was 10/2019 confirmed covid, I felt like it was a sever sinus headache, dry cough and fatigue.
3rd time 11/2020 was another dry cough, headache and fatigue. No test no doctor visit. Got over it each time in about 2 weeks.
I’m 64 and IMO pretty healthy, not overweight or on prescribed drugs.
I am also not vaxxed.

Now they are saying natural immunity is lasting 18 months and I prefer to remain unvaxxed and let nature take its course.

Good luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
thank you i will add those
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
Status
Not open for further replies.