Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just saw this Skyranger truck. I was wondering what Phil might think about it or if he ever saw one. It’s news to me, Ha Ha.

FA5D86C5-49E5-41B6-BE56-1AC65B905769.png
Hi Chuck,

OMG! What a blast from the past!!! I was not involved in the project, so this is a first for me! Looks to me like a first class Mod job! WOW! Thanks so much for the post!!! Wonder who did this fantastic job? Any ideas? I had seen some artist renderings of something more like a sun roof that you stowed behind the seats using a Super Cab, but nothing like this. :clap::clap::clap: Second set of pix shows OEM Wheels vs the 5 spoke black wheels... Hmmm! Tires are Firestone, which we got rid of in 2002. Love to hear a back story on this vehicle!

It appears it was shot in Windsor Canada with the Ren Cen (Renaissance Center) in the background. Ren Cen was Ford Land's help in trying to revitalize the Detroit downtown (It did not work). There was a rumor that Truck Engineering would have to relocated down there. My commute would have been horrible. To the left is a grain storage facility on the Canadian side of the Detroit River. Interesting enough about the Ren Cen is that it was purchased by GM!

Way Cool!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
rang19ca

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I believe the company was located in Livonia but has since gone out of business.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the company was located in Livonia but has since gone out of business.
Hi Chuck,

ASC? American Sunroof Corp.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Reactions: Doc

umichigan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, Magnetic
Heinz Prector - CEO that committed suicide due to severe and chronic depression. A success story that had a sad ending. The HQ used to be in Southgate.
Sponsored