Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
retired
Hi guys and gals.

I feel a little foolish asking this question but I will do it anyway.

My 2019 Ranger has fog lights but I cannot tell if they are turned on or off from inside the cab. The switch to turn them on does not light up and I can't see any other indicator on the dash that the lights are on. I have tried, per the manual, turning other lights on or off and still see nothing to indicate fog light status when in use. The only way I know for sure they are working is to get out of the truck, go around to the front, and look at them.

There must be some way to determine they are on without getting out to look. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any enlightenment you might provide.

Sincerely

NH BOY
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I have a Lariat so you may have a different instrument cluster but on mine there is an indicator light on the bottom left next to the lights on indicator that illuminates when they are on.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I have an XL STX SE, there is an green indicator that lights up in the instrument panel when fogs are on.

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
Hi guys and gals.

I feel a little foolish asking this question but I will do it anyway.

My 2019 Ranger has fog lights but I cannot tell if they are turned on or off from inside the cab. The switch to turn them on does not light up and I can't see any other indicator on the dash that the lights are on. I have tried, per the manual, turning other lights on or off and still see nothing to indicate fog light status when in use. The only way I know for sure they are working is to get out of the truck, go around to the front, and look at them.

There must be some way to determine they are on without getting out to look. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any enlightenment you might provide.

Sincerely

NH BOY
I have an XLT also. I can verify it is the light symbol to the left of Park (P).

FC8B0B28-83D4-4DC6-9598-AE7880620C6E.jpeg

OP
OP

NH BOY

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
retired
Thank you gentlemen. When I was doing my research on the issue I was in the middle of a bright sunny day, no fog in sight. I did not see the green indicator light to the left of P because of the glare of the sun. I am sure it was there all the time.

I checked again tonight - pitch black and "lo and behold" the little green light shined brightly.

I will sleep better now.

Thank you all again.

NH BOY
Sponsored