Finding Installers

RangerRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ranger Tremor
I posted this question awhile ago in one of the local sections but those don't seem to get a lot of activity, so I figured I'd ask it here. I'm looking for suggestions on finding reputable installers for aftermarket items. For instance, I'd like to get the Raptor style grille and have it installed. I don't have a garage so it makes things like that a bit of a pain. What do you all suggest? Google search for truck customization shops and read through reviews? Dealers? Just start calling places and ask? Is it reasonable to assume a good shop wouldn't have any issues doing a grille like that even if they haven't done one before? I definitely appreciate any input you all have.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I posted this question awhile ago in one of the local sections but those don't seem to get a lot of activity, so I figured I'd ask it here. I'm looking for suggestions on finding reputable installers for aftermarket items. For instance, I'd like to get the Raptor style grille and have it installed. I don't have a garage so it makes things like that a bit of a pain. What do you all suggest? Google search for truck customization shops and read through reviews? Dealers? Just start calling places and ask? Is it reasonable to assume a good shop wouldn't have any issues doing a grille like that even if they haven't done one before? I definitely appreciate any input you all have.
Some truck accessory shops (Truck Trends, in my area) install the stuff they sell, and may install stuff that they don’t sell.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
In most cases, just don't bother with the dealer for custom accessory items to be installed, unless you like getting looked at funny and being quoted extremely high prices for turning some screws. Its just not what they want to do.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
My grill was installed by a custom muffler shop That does minor auto repair.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
For cosmetic stuff like that I'd try your local reputable body shop.

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
I am having a hard enough time finding a Ford dealer to do the tune. Watch enough YouTube and you can do it, even without a garage. Some local places will do it, but like many said, you will either get looks or a hefty bill.
Sponsored