OP

swampdonky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
On a heavy diesel, the fan clutch is pneumatic, controlled by the PCM. If there is low/no air supply, the default is always engaged (fan always on). I would hope Ford engineered their fan clutch similarly. Keep moving, watch your temp gauge. Drying off the connectors will probably help, but it sounds to me like the fan clutch is shot.

edit: Maybe contact your insurance agent. You may be covered under the comprehensive.
yeah but do i want to make a claim and jack my insurance rates up?
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Common fear, but unless you have set a precedent of frequent claims, not likely. Check with your agent. If you have a high deductible, $500-$1000, it's a moot point anyway the bill might come in at $499.99 or $500.09. It would be worth a phone call or email to my agent for me.

I also think @Dahveed diagnosed it correctly. You probably didn't go deep enough to submerge the wheel bearings, as you didn't have water intrusion in the cab. Just my 1/50 US dollar.

Last edited:

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I don't know about the fan but another member fried his alternator driving through water.

Unlike most trucks, the alternator on the ranger is near the bottom of the engine.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Comprehensive claims dont increase your rates. But if you dont have a $0 deductible, probably not worth it.

You can probably get one from a dismantler fairly cheap. Try LKQ.
Sponsored