TheAssuager

TheAssuager

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Supercrew XLT
It seems at 12 o clock, the rubber cover around the fuel pipe/neck might be detached? Not sure if it’s something I need to get looked at by the dealer. I do have an issue with gas nozzles auto shutting off occasionally on me. Wondering if this is what others look like.

Thanks,

FerdRanger

First Name
Ferdinand the Great
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
not for long
nope might be Cal epa specific?
unless that’s the gas hose nozzle I see

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
hmm i remember those stupid clunky boots on the gas pumps. dont see them around any more.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It seems at 12 o clock, the rubber cover around the fuel pipe/neck might be detached? Not sure if it’s something I need to get looked at by the dealer. I do have an issue with gas nozzles auto shutting off occasionally on me. Wondering if this is what others look like.

Thanks,
Mine seems a bit loose fitting in that area - never thought much of it - there just seemed to be a bit of play.

That Cali-required boot is likely just messing with it a bit and causing you some heartburn. I’ll take a look at mine in the morning and let you know.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks,
Can't tell what part is the gas pump and what part is your truck.
Can you take another photo without the nozzle in it?

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Project manager
21 tremor. Mine has always looked like that being open at top and you can’t tuck it back in. I took it to ford for 1st oil change and mentioned it. They said it is fine and won’t cause any issues and will note it on file. I believe one tech said it would involve a big tear down if that needed to be replaced. I haven’t thought about it in over a year and all seems well.

OP
OP
TheAssuager

TheAssuager

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Supercrew XLT
21 tremor. Mine has always looked like that being open at top and you can’t tuck it back in. I took it to ford for 1st oil change and mentioned it. They said it is fine and won’t cause any issues and will note it on file. I believe one tech said it would involve a big tear down if that needed to be replaced. I haven’t thought about it in over a year and all seems well.
Thank you! This is what I figured - doesn't appear to be a problem. Just how it looks. Thanks man!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
8E5A1295-C7F8-4EEC-99C6-7AC2AFAAAC5B.jpeg

Mine is as I recalled in my earlier post. No concerns on my end.

However, @RedDakooter05 has definitely set the bar when it comes to detailing the filler door, compartment and cap.

? ✨ ? ?
Sponsored