Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
IT Guy
Running List of Mods and Additions (aka COVID-19 Garage Days):

Traded my 2019 F-150 3.4L 4x4 for my new toy. The F-150 was a lot bigger than I needed and the Ranger is more my style. I've done quite a few mods in the past couple of weeks so I'll post some of those different things with the pics of the transition.
IMG_9346-a.jpg

She's a Iconic Silver 2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew:
  • 4x4 (not the FX4)
  • Equipment Group 301A
  • Black Appearance Package
  • 18" Black Wheels
  • Black running boards
  • Spray-In Bedliner
  • Remote Start
  • Tow Package
The night I got her home, I called AT&T to transfer my HotSpot from the F-150 to the new Ranger. It took about 30 minutes on the phone with the AT&T team that supports the auto hotspots. They ended up having to delete the F-150 hotspot, then having me enroll the Ranger, then they transferred by rate and usage. It was a bit cumbersome, but not terrible. Hopefully as HotSpots become more standard, they improve that process.

1 - IMG_5991 - a.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Good choice. You will like the ranger!

Out of curiosity what did/do you use with the hotspot?
I haven't started mine because I can't figure out why I would need it.

OP
OP
dbm1175

dbm1175

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Guy
Out of curiosity what did/do you use with the hotspot?
I haven't started mine because I can't figure out why I would need it.
I'm a work from home IT guy and single dad with two elementary school aged kids. I end up taking a lot of meetings on the go in the car as I move them from place to place. Apple/Android CarPlay is nice for a lot of things, but being able to have my laptop to quickly access things is great. Their tablets also bind to it, so I don't have to have them leech off my phone. Plus, I'd rather have the hotspot than XM/Sirrius for music (Spotify).

All those combined made it a no-brainer for me, but I completely acknowledge that it depends on your situation. If you and your family are ever going over your cell plan bandwidth, you might really consider why and if this would help. Once setup, you don't have to think about it again.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'm a work from home IT guy and single dad with two elementary school aged kids. I end up taking a lot of meetings on the go in the car as I move them from place to place. Apple/Android CarPlay is nice for a lot of things, but being able to have my laptop to quickly access things is great. Their tablets also bind to it, so I don't have to have them leech off my phone. Plus, I'd rather have the hotspot than XM/Sirrius for music (Spotify).

All those combined made it a no-brainer for me, but I completely acknowledge that it depends on your situation. If you and your family are ever going over your cell plan bandwidth, you might really consider why and if this would help. Once setup, you don't have to think about it again.
Thanks, was just curious. We have a cell plan with 2gb of data shared between 3 smartphones and we have rollover data every month. So we are defn on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

OP
OP
dbm1175

dbm1175

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Guy
Thanks, was just curious. We have a cell plan with 2gb of data shared between 3 smartphones and we have rollover data every month. So we are defn on the opposite ends of the spectrum.
I probably chew up 2GB of data a day! ? Some would call that a problem, I call it a lifestyle.

OP
OP
dbm1175

dbm1175

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Guy
Once I got the windows tinted, the 4x4 bed stickers and dealer sticker were really bothering me. A few minutes in the garage with a hairdryer got the 4x4 stickers off easily, though the dealership sticker is still causing me heartburn (every damn letter was a separate sticker!):

Stickers - IMG_0796a.jpg

Took it out for a few shots in the dark under some parking lot lights:

Tint + Stickers - IMG_2604a.jpg

IMG_1735a.jpg

OP
OP
dbm1175

dbm1175

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Guy
The next mod was one I was most excited about... The Rapter-like grill for the Ranger!

Grill - IMG_3644.JPG

I chose one that didn't have the three amber lights, but three white light bars instead. As soon as it arrived, I was itching to put it on for a look of distinction rolling down the road.

Before:
IMG_0521.JPG

Grill - IMG_2108a.jpg

Last edited:

Phessor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Crew Cab
Vehicle Showcase
After:

Grill - IMG_5919 - after A.jpg

Grill - IMG_2328 - after b.jpg

Grill - IMG_1871 - after c.jpg

Grill - IMG_7544 - after D.jpg

Grill - IMG_9656 - after e.jpg

Grill - IMG_6937 - after f.jpg

The light bar throws off a lot of light right in front of the bumper. Makes it great for finding in the parking lot.
Where did you get this grill and light combo?