Crush, Sell, Buy: Which Vehicle Are You Sending To The Dump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rangers in the easiest way possible.
Yesterday I sent my 1986 Honda Civic Si (first year of Civic Si in the US and only year you could get a 3rd gen Si in white)

Here it was after getting pummeled a couple times. I have most of the car still in my garage, doors, fenders, hood, bumpers, hatch glass and such. Was only 800lb at the scale.
PXL_20230619_185523643~2 - Copy.jpg
Had no idea you could just watch your car get crushed... i think i would get emotional to be honest.
Sponsored

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Had no idea you could just watch your car get crushed... i think i would get emotional to be honest.
Oh, I did, I've owned that car for almost 22 years. Was the first car I owned that I did an engine swap in and did lots of other "Upgrades" while I built it. Bought it for $600 and it ran great. Often would see 40MPG with it when I drove on the highway to car meets and such. Then I swapped in a B20Z between 2004 and 2007, yeah it took a while as I had a full time job and family so work on it was really slow. The swap included upgrading the emissions and electrical to support code free OBD2 from the 99 CR-V donor, cruise control, keyless entry and such. There were so many ups and downs with parts I bought to build that car. The car had rust when I got it and I had no way to deal with it. After a year on the road I pulled it off the road in 2008 to address things I didn't like 100% (Y1 JDM trans having the car run at 3400rpm at 60mph being high on that list) and to get the body rust addressed. In 2012 I bought back the car (1984 Civic 1500S) I sold in 2001 after I bought this 86 Si. I then swapped everything from the 86 to the 84, do include the fuel injection related parts (fuel lines and tank). The 84 replaced it and was rebadged as a 2000S due to the larger engine. For the last 10 years that shell sat out in the weather with no doors or glass while I bought myself to part with it.

The 67 Lincoln will be the harder one to let go, I've owned that car for 30 years now. But, it has been sitting out side the garage since I started the engine swap on the 86 Si in 2004.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rangers in the easiest way possible.
Look at the failure rates on those and it will explain it all.
Thanks for the suggestion, might do some light reading on this
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.