Bulletproof diesel third brake light antenna mount questions

SpazC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Lumber Sales
Hi all, I have one of these mounts on order and have some questions about y'all's results antenna wise.

I'm in the process of installing and icom 5100 in the truck and will be running a dual band antenna off the mount.

Initially I ordered a quarter wave 2m antenna to go with it as I'm trying to keep a balance of functionality and low visibility low visibility.

As I'm waiting for the mount to come in my brain got wondering on the mount location and if there was any issues related to ground plane.

Obviously on 70 CM the antenna is going to act like a 5/8 wave antenna so I shouldn't have to worry about it. But I am now questioning whether or not I ought to order a 5/8 2 m antenna for that spot?

For those who have it installed already what bands are you on, what antennas are you using, and how are your results?
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
bump the thread. i didnt bother with any ham stuff for the truck. but many here have maybe a bump or two will get attention.

OP
OP
SpazC

SpazC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Lumber Sales
bump the thread. i didnt bother with any ham stuff for the truck. but many here have maybe a bump or two will get attention.

Appreciate it.

I know there were at least 2 or 3 folks on here with the mount. Certainly not all of them are GMRS/CB only
Sponsored