Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Pediatric health care navigator
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Splash package, you get the orange nostrils, orange decal and orange stitching on the steering wheel and seats.
ah, my bad! It def looks to be the same color yellow as the license plate. Lol. Either way it looks fantastic though!
Sponsored

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I have the Lund(ford branded) low-profile "skin" deflector.

mnAv8Xx.jpg

(not showing off the truck, just happens to be the only pic I have showing the deflector atm)

Only complaint(which could be an isolated issue) is that it ever so slightly does not cover the entire surface. It also shows scratches easily cause it's all glossy. I might throw on black plastidip for a nice matte finish.

I seen it mentioned before, but the 3M tape allows water drainage, there's several cut outs in the top and bottom to let water out and air in.

Last edited:

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Weathertech hands down makes the best hood guard.
I have the Weathertech unit and like it. Had the AVS Bugflector II on other trucks and it seems to be pretty much the same thing.
I've yet to have a bug deflector that actually deflects bugs, I look at it as more of stone chip protector for the hood.

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
I had the local Ford dealership put on a Ford deflector with points I had - they did a great job - no complaints after about 3 years.

TheAssuager

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Supercrew XLT
I used Ford Pass points and bought this. It's the Ford branded AVS Aero Skin Textured. I preferred the textured over the smooth glossy deflectors. Did it deflect bugs? Nah. But it did take the brunt of some thrown gravel and road debris.
PXL_20230519_160335896~2.jpg
Your truck looks great, man! One of my favorite I've seen on here. Do you happen to have the info on your tires? I am due for a new set soon and love the way yours look.

UncleWillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your truck looks great, man! One of my favorite I've seen on here. Do you happen to have the info on your tires? I am due for a new set soon and love the way yours look.
Thanks much! These are the tires that come from the factory on the Tremors. They are General Grabbers AT(x). I can't remember the specs, but I want to say they are 265/70 R17.

I was quite pleased with them. I've had various AT tires on work trucks, but I have ALWAYS had BFG AT KO on all my personal vehicles. However, I was really pleased with these General Grabbers and had no intention on swapping them out to something else.

redone17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond, 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
I got the AVS Bugflector. It sits off the hood so you're able to clean behind it. I like the super low profile ones, but was nervous of the chemistry happening behind it after half a decade of PA weather without being cleaned. Also chose it because there was no drilling involved. Reuses the rubber gasket lock clips under the hood. No issues in 3 years. It's definitely done its job keeping that vertical part of the hood protected.

EDIT: Link to the Bugflector - https://www.autoventshade.com/bugflector/2019/ford/ranger

Huh...ya know....you'd wonder why they would show other trucks on their site and not the Ranger itself. I wrote that one off because I didn't like the overhang....but, it looks like it lines up nicely with the hood lines. Can you get a good power washer spray under it? That is important for me along with it actually clipping in and not adhesive.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Huh...ya know....you'd wonder why they would show other trucks on their site and not the Ranger itself. I wrote that one off because I didn't like the overhang....but, it looks like it lines up nicely with the hood lines. Can you get a good power washer spray under it? That is important for me along with it actually clipping in and not adhesive.
Yes, there’s a solid inch/inch 1/4 between the guard and the hood. I easily fit a sponge or cleaning mitt behind it. Being able to clean behind it and the lack of drilling/adhesive was the main reason I bought it. Not as good looking as others, but I chose function over form on this one.
Sponsored