First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Morning everyone...another new member joining up.
Just purchased a 2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab. 2 wheel drive. Was hidden on our local dealers lot, only 4 miles on odometer. Pretty much loaded out.
Wife and I are going to downsize from a motor home towing a Subi to a smaller trailer/5th wheel and the Ranger is perfect for it's intended use.
Was an older Ranger owner until I sold it the same day I picked this one up...last Wednesday.
I tend to be active on forums so I'll be here almost everyday.

20210701_121853_07.jpg
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Morning everyone...another new member joining up.
Just purchased a 2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab. 2 wheel drive. Was hidden on our local dealers lot, only 4 miles on odometer. Pretty much loaded out.
Wife and I are going to downsize from a motor home towing a Subi to a smaller trailer/5th wheel and the Ranger is perfect for it's intended use.
Was an older Ranger owner until I sold it the same day I picked this one up...last Wednesday.
I tend to be active on forums so I'll be here almost everyday.

20210701_121853_07.jpg
Welcome!

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's a real eye-opening experience going from a base 2009 Ranger XL, 4 cyl, auto trans with roll up windows, manual locks, and just the basics, to the 2021. It's like a rocket compared to the 2009.
Pic of my 2009...only had 29,000 miles on it when I sold it. It was basically a hobby truck that I took to shows and cruise-ins.
But, sold it as keeping it would have made 5 vehicles in the driveway...just couldn't justify keeping it.
Definitely enjoying the new 2021.

20200918_102800.jpg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Welcome to the forum! Extra props for buying a scab. We’re a rare breed. It’s pretty much the same hobby as the last one but the extras are much nicer now, you’ll see‼?

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Welcome to the forum! Extra props for buying a scab. We’re a rare breed. It’s pretty much the same hobby as the last one but the extras are much nicer now, you’ll see‼?
Yup, Supercab only. Just wife and I and 2 pups...no need for a crewcab. Besides, never did like crew with short beds...look out of proportion. Old school, grew up with fullsize crew/longbeds.
Ahhhh...to each his own.:like:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
Yup, Supercab only. Just wife and I and 2 pups...no need for a crewcab. Besides, never did like crew with short beds...look out of proportion. Old school, grew up with fullsize crew/longbeds.
Ahhhh...to each his own.:like:
My last one was a 97 with 7’ bed. That one was making me money at the end ? Glad I pulled the trigger when I did. Got what I wanted and then thedelays and shortages started. You’re really going to love this one!

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah, the 2009 had the 7 footer, to me just looked better than the short beds.
Would have loved to see the new Rangers with a 7 foot bed...planning on a 5th wheel hitch, and 6 foot is minimum...7 foot would have been ideal.
Driving the 2021 for just 2 days has made me realize how "old and antiquated" the 2009 was.
This one was on my local dealers lot...he got it just before the shortage hit, and I think they were hiding it...delivered to them in May, and when I test drove, only had 4 miles on it. And, absolutely NO rust on the frame or running gear...not a speck...everything looked like it came off the factory line yesterday...got lucky.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
Yeah, the 2009 had the 7 footer, to me just looked better than the short beds.
Would have loved to see the new Rangers with a 7 foot bed...planning on a 5th wheel hitch, and 6 foot is minimum...7 foot would have been ideal.
Driving the 2021 for just 2 days has made me realize how "old and antiquated" the 2009 was.
This one was on my local dealers lot...he got it just before the shortage hit, and I think they were hiding it...delivered to them in May, and when I test drove, only had 4 miles on it. And, absolutely NO rust on the frame or running gear...not a speck...everything looked like it came off the factory line yesterday...got lucky.
Lucky is an understatement, you won the lottery bro ?

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'll have to try and take some pic's of the frame/running gear just to make you guys jealous.
I've read numerous posts on other forums about new Rangers with frames and gear looking like they were run thru salt surf.