Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Pages 429 to 471 are very interesting everyone should study and fully understand those pages before operating their vehicle. :crackup:

Moorenate92

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 4x4 Lariat tow package
Occupation
Technology teacher
Ok, so I am taking my 2021 Ranger Lariate with Tow package on some big trips this summer while hauling a Travel Trailer. My trailer is 5500# dry. What is a good number to see when I drive my truck and trailer on a Cat Scale to assure I am within the limits? I will have truck and trailer prepped like we are going on the trip when I take it to the scales. In my head I am thining 11,000#? Does that sound right?

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Less than GCWR posted on driver door pillar decal.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Ok, so I am taking my 2021 Ranger Lariate with Tow package on some big trips this summer while hauling a Travel Trailer. My trailer is 5500# dry. What is a good number to see when I drive my truck and trailer on a Cat Scale to assure I am within the limits? I will have truck and trailer prepped like we are going on the trip when I take it to the scales. In my head I am thining 11,000#? Does that sound right?
Much more important than the total weight are the individual axle weight ratings for both the truck and trailer, along with the Tongue weight of the trailer including the WDH. Also the hitch and tongue weight count to the payload of the truck and can easily eat up the major part of the payload part of your trucks GVWR number along with mods, stuff, people and gas.

Towing a large trailer is a balancing act, quite literally, to keep everything within the weight ratings. There is no one number to look at and call it good.

Good luck amd safe towing.
Sponsored