Raptor Global Director Interviewed

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
The Truck Show Podcast recently interviewed Hermann Salenbauch, the Global Director for Ford Performance Vehicles. The talk about the original Raptor move through the history of Raptor and then discuss how and why the Ranger Raptor fits into their vehicle lineup. The direct question about if the Ranger Raptor is coming to the US was answered cleverly.

You have to get about halfway through before the interview starts but it is a great read!

http://truckshowpodcast.libsyn.com
Sponsored

Reactions: JYC

jjmanzano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
I know Salenbauch cannot give detailed information. But that interview didn't give me a lot of optimism about seeing the Ranger Raptor in the US.

Xfitter

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
I know Salenbauch cannot give detailed information. But that interview didn't give me a lot of optimism about seeing the Ranger Raptor in the US.
True but Ford has already dropped hints of it coming to the US. Ford Product Communications Manager Mike Levine previously tweeted "Today’s announcement is about the launch of the new Ranger Raptor in Asia Pacific markets. We'll have more to share about Ranger Raptor at a later date." when asked by someone if it's coming to the U.S.

It's also been spotted testing in the US already: Spied: LHD 2020 Ford Ranger Raptor Testing in US!

And then there's the patent discovery: Evidence of Ranger Raptor For US Market Found in Patent Filing

Where there's smoke there's fire is how I look at this circumstantial evidence that the Ranger Raptor is coming to the US.
Sponsored