First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
I have had these installed for just over a month. I purchased them from cardid.com in early July and it took about a month for shipping. Apparently they were on back order. I was in no hurry and carid seemed to have the best price at the time. They are selling currently ~184.00 plus tax for the front seats. Make sure you get the correct covers for your model. They are specific to super crew or standard cab and whether you have electric or manual seats.

Here is the link to Coverking's webpage showcasing the tactical covers:
https://www.coverking.com/tactical/

The above page is a little deceptive in that you won't get all the MOLLE accessories shown in that page. However I was pleasantly supersized with the quality and diversity of items that do come with the kit. Mine came with six items - a large bag, a smaller camera style bag, a flashlight holder, a large drawstring waste basket, a bag for holding sun/shooting glasses, and another smaller case for holding something like a large compass. The accessories are made by Skanda and are very good quality. I don't know if this kit will change over time.

Of course a multitude of MOLLE alternate accessories are available online and on ebay. There is a MOLLE item that will hold down just about anything. I also notice there are a lot of MOLLE models listed on thingiverse.com. So if you are into 3d printing like I am, there are a whole bunch of interesting things to explore.

It goes without saying that if you are involved with EMS or law enforcement you will find the tactical aspect of these covers very useful.

Installation went pretty quick for me, about 45 minutes. This was despite the fact that the instructions provided were of a very generic nature. It is as if Coverking made one set of instructions for all their seat covers and the Ranger's covers were far off the beaten path. The backs basically slip over, and there is a "pull through" that you force between the backs and the bottoms, two straps then tie things together under the seat. Use care how you hook these straps under the seat, you need to make sure you do not foul with the seat adjustment mechanisms. The sides of the seat bottoms have a thick "bead" sewn into them and these tuck under the side plastics parts to hold them in place. They are a little challenging to install but the approach works and they have not popped out since installation.

I'm a little disappointed with how the headrest covers secure. The way the velcro is situated on the bottoms does not seem right and they look a little shabby. I'm thinking of pulling them off and perhaps doing a little sewing machine work to do them how I think they should be done. Again, the instructions don't really help here.

Otherwise fit is pretty good. The seat bottom can appear a little loose (see pics) but I am content. It is worth noting that the seat backs have "slits" on the sides to accommodate the side airbags.

Material is a very durable grade of ballistic Nylon. I have no doubt they will hold up well and protect the original upholstery beneath. I do have a concern that the black will fade from sunlight over time (this has been my experience with bike bags for example). Time will tell, but they still look good after a month.

I give them an overall rating of 8 out of 10 stars and I feel that I got my money's worth.
I am considering purchasing the rear seat covers at some point in the future. I would have gone 10 out of 10 if the instructions were specific and the headrest fit was better.

Here are some pics. If you have any questions just post here and I will try to answer them.

tact1.jpg

tact2.jpg

tact3.jpg

tact4.jpg

tact5.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

1medic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew
Thanks for the review on these. I have used this exact model (through CostCo) for many years. I've noticed since CoverKing went with the 1 piece design the fit is not a tight / finished. My last 2 trucks (F150 & Tundra) the 1 piece fit was ok (little loose) and previous trucks (F250 & F350) the 2 piece fit was great.
Is the Ranger 1 or 2 pieces (ie seat back and bottom are either connected or separate)?

OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
They are one piece. Connected by the section that you push through between the top and bottom sections.

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
I got the Spacer Mesh in all black just to protect the leather. Had it on my last Yukon and the install on this wasn't easy as the seat bottom straps had to be fished past this flap at the bottom of the seat back. Then the console side anchor on the driver's side...wasn't easy to find a spot to attach it. I did not use the non-slip pads in between the seats & cover. So yeah they slide a bit, but these did well for me on my last vehicle. Unfortunately, these won't be a snap to remove & wash like the last set.

spacer_mesh.png

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Spacer Mesh in all black just to protect the leather. Had it on my last Yukon and the install on this wasn't easy as the seat bottom straps had to be fished past this flap at the bottom of the seat back. Then the console side anchor on the driver's side...wasn't easy to find a spot to attach it. I did not use the non-slip pads in between the seats & cover. So yeah they slide a bit, but these did well for me on my last vehicle. Unfortunately, these won't be a snap to remove & wash like the last set.
@Sabasigh Do these breathe better than the leather seats ? They look like they should.

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
They do breathe. You will get like tiny grit/dirt that filters down to your seats...which is why i dread removing these periodically to clean/vacuum & what not. I also got a leather protection ceramic coating on the seats.

Sometimes i will throw a greasy bag of Wendy's burgers on the passenger seat and by the time i get home i then notice its bled completely thru. So these are just an extra layer of protection lol.

1medic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew
I ended up pulling the trigger on these (CK Ballistic Cordura) through CostCo. I like them. Super easy to install. This is my 4 set of these through the years and I think these are much improved as Cover King changed the type of Cordura they use.

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Had these on my Xterra, in gray, there were great. The issue i had was the bags and what-not take up a lot of space from the passengers. Also the velcro on the gray slowly turned tan and after 4 years it was two-tone on the back. Truck was garaged or covered parking nearly all the time. But i am also looking at the same covers. Hard to beat waterproof and ease to wash. I never installed the head liners as it look crappy.
Sponsored