Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's been a few weeks since I inquired about the level. They recently got the alignment specs so I had it done today they also did the headlights adjustment. The truck has a Rough Country 2 and 1/2 inch spacer. Wheels and tires are OEM. I did I didn't think two and a half inches to make that much of a difference but wow it sure does. Ride was a little stiffer in a better way. Anyway here's mine

rangerlevel.jpg

rangerleve2l.jpg
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
That looks good! Any wheel/tire plans?

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That looks good! Any wheel/tire plans?
Looking at Options. I love Ford's wheels on this truck. I am researching tires now. I will look for the largest tire without any cutting,
Going from 265 to 275 doesn't seem like much though, Maybe an offset might allow for larger tires. But realize I am tire ignorant, LOL

My expectation from new tires is a quiet ride and retain current MPGs. while looking for a more masculine looking tire

pie in da sky?

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Looking at Options. I love Ford's wheels on this truck. I am researching tires now. I will look for the largest tire without any cutting,
Going from 265 to 275 doesn't seem like much though, Maybe an offset might allow for larger tires. But realize I am tire ignorant, LOL

My expectation from new tires is a quiet ride and retain current MPGs.
Sounds similar to what I'm after in a tire. I've been looking closely at the Toyo Open Country A/T II.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

My expectation from new tires is a quiet ride and retain current MPGs.
I really wanted the 285's but I knew I'd sacrifice mpg's and have to do some cutting which I didn't want to do. The 265/75R/17's fit perfect and are quiet and no rubbing. The stock tires are 35lbs and the Ridge Grapplers are 43.65lbs so I know I'll lose a little mpg but not as much as if I went up to the 285's.

I did the exact set up as @Andy and I'm hoping for the same results. He said "the level and tires has taken my highway mpg (anything over 75) to 21-22 dependent on wind and terrain. Any lower speeds and the mpg is the same." I'm also looking onto getting a tune from Unleashed Tuning (looks to bump the mpg's up a bit) but I want to run these for a while before adding anything else and save some more money...lol

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really wanted the 285's but I knew I'd sacrifice mpg's and have to do some cutting which I didn't want to do. The 265/75R/17's fit perfect and are quiet and no rubbing. The stock tires are 35lbs and the Ridge Grapplers are 43.65lbs so I know I'll lose a little mpg but not as much as if I went up to the 285's.

I did the exact set up as @Andy and I'm hoping for the same results. He said "the level and tires has taken my highway mpg (anything over 75) to 21-22 dependent on wind and terrain. Any lower speeds and the mpg is the same." I'm also looking onto getting a tune from Unleashed Tuning (looks to bump the mpg's up a bit) but I want to run these for a while before adding anything else and save some more money...lol
What was his highway mpg before?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What was his highway mpg before?
I'm not sure as he never said but I'm going to assume a 2-3 mpg drop. Adding the 2.5 lift in the front will cause more drag at higher speeds then you have the heavier tires. I don't do much highway driving (maybe 15%) but I'll let you know what my city mpg's are once I get through this tank,I just filed up the day I had everything installed.
Sponsored