HOT PEPPER RED Ranger Club Thread

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
That's my color I really like Hot Pepper Red but I must say the last picture is to red that one looks more like Race Red.

Last edited:

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I agree with your color analysis. The internet pictures and brochure pictures that I've seen are too red, almost a candy apple red. The actual color on a car (I saw it on a new Focus) is more orangish-red or red-orange, depending on your preference. It's really pretty in the sunlight and if you like that color, it's great, but if you ordered expecting closer to candy apple or bright red, you'll be disappointed. Be sure to look at the large color samples that your dealer should have, and take them out into the sunlight.

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si - Sold my current car and waiting patiently on my new truck
Here are a couple of photos I took at the State Fair of Texas today. Only have a few of the red,

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

misanthrope

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL 4x4
Great pics Brian thank you. After seeing these real life pics I think Hot Pepper Red is one color that might look better with chrome/silver trimmings and wheels. Anyone seen this color yet with black grille and wheels?

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
If you go to the Ford Build your own website and go thru the steps, it will show the vehicle with the trim/wheels that you choose, so you can see what the black wheels look like on it. See below: XLT top image; Lariat bottom image. I almost ordered this color but decided on Saber.

vehicle.png

vehicle.png

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si - Sold my current car and waiting patiently on my new truck
If you go to the Ford Build your own website and go thru the steps, it will show the vehicle with the trim/wheels that you choose, so you can see what the black wheels look like on it. See below: XLT top image; Lariat bottom image. I almost ordered this color but decided on Saber.

vehicle.png

vehicle.png
My only caution though is the the online configurator does not look exactly like the truck from a color match perspective. Compare the Blue with Sport package pictures I took. The online configurator shows the sport package as almost black looking and the blue is subdued. It couldn’t be further from the truth when you see it in person.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I see what you mean about the difference in blue between your real pictures and the Ford website pictures. Same is true about Saber and Hot Pepper Red.

As has been said in earlier posts, it's best to look at the dealer's book of large color samples, and take them out in the sunlight. Even better is if the color is available on a current model, find one of those on the lot and look at it. Otherwise, you might be unpleasantly surprised when the truck arrives.

Last edited:

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase