Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Well, this will be my last update on the thread for my Ranger, but I will keep an eye if anyone does have any questions! I turned my Ranger in in August and am now in an F-150. From May through August my Ranger spent 75% of it's time at the dealer with multiple repair attempts on the infotainment system to no avail. Ford Engineering also got involved and could not solve the issues either. Basically, I continued to slowly lose more and more functionality in the infotainment until I could only use very basic functions like FM radio. I lost all bluetooth, all saved information in the nav system was wiped every time I shut the vehicle off, radio would change on it's own and sometimes disable the satellite, and even had some completely crashes while driving of just a black screen with static through the speakers. No codes were thrown in the APIM and Ford would not replace parts. They seemed to have found the all the correct files were there in the APIM, however all their contents were getting deleted for some reason. One of the thoughts was that my phone that I have was too new to connect to the radio (Galaxy S22) and that could be causing the issue, so I shouldn't connect my phone up to the radio for a while and see if everything works...which isn't actually a solution, just a test.

Long story long...my radio crashed again and then seemed like it actually did a complete master reset and was mainly working, but I lost confidence it wasn't coming back again, because this wasn't the first reset in some way that had happened. The dealer I was working with, Fowlerville Ford, was actually extremely great through the entire process and at the end, they basically offered me a really nice deal to trade the Ranger in and get into a new F-150, which with a growing family, will end up suiting us really great long term, and man is that a really nice truck!

I did get to take one last really good trip with the Ranger though up to Drummond Island towing the Jeep, and I actually got 12-13 MPG through the entire trip with 80% at 70-75 MPH and the rest on country roads averaging 55-60 MPH! This Ranger still continues to impress me hugely and would fully recommend it! I just got an unlucky draw, but after 3.5 years and about 45000 miles, that truck very much impressed me and it will be missed! There were a lot of really good memories in that truck that will never be forgotten!

Thanks for all the great content on the forum as well! It has been great contributing and reading through everything on this forum with everyone! I will still come through and contribute when i can as my mother and my father-in-law both have Ranger still, so I will no disappear, but i won't be on as much as I used to!

20220818_100543.jpg

20220821_075632.jpg

20220821_064802.jpg

And the new truck, 2022 F-150 XLT with the 2.7 EB:

20220822_193921.jpg

20220823_094717.jpg
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Well, this will be my last update on the thread for my Ranger, but I will keep an eye if anyone does have any questions! I turned my Ranger in in August and am now in an F-150. From May through August my Ranger spent 75% of it's time at the dealer with multiple repair attempts on the infotainment system to no avail. Ford Engineering also got involved and could not solve the issues either. Basically, I continued to slowly lose more and more functionality in the infotainment until I could only use very basic functions like FM radio. I lost all bluetooth, all saved information in the nav system was wiped every time I shut the vehicle off, radio would change on it's own and sometimes disable the satellite, and even had some completely crashes while driving of just a black screen with static through the speakers. No codes were thrown in the APIM and Ford would not replace parts. They seemed to have found the all the correct files were there in the APIM, however all their contents were getting deleted for some reason. One of the thoughts was that my phone that I have was too new to connect to the radio (Galaxy S22) and that could be causing the issue, so I shouldn't connect my phone up to the radio for a while and see if everything works...which isn't actually a solution, just a test.

Long story long...my radio crashed again and then seemed like it actually did a complete master reset and was mainly working, but I lost confidence it wasn't coming back again, because this wasn't the first reset in some way that had happened. The dealer I was working with, Fowlerville Ford, was actually extremely great through the entire process and at the end, they basically offered me a really nice deal to trade the Ranger in and get into a new F-150, which with a growing family, will end up suiting us really great long term, and man is that a really nice truck!

I did get to take one last really good trip with the Ranger though up to Drummond Island towing the Jeep, and I actually got 12-13 MPG through the entire trip with 80% at 70-75 MPH and the rest on country roads averaging 55-60 MPH! This Ranger still continues to impress me hugely and would fully recommend it! I just got an unlucky draw, but after 3.5 years and about 45000 miles, that truck very much impressed me and it will be missed! There were a lot of really good memories in that truck that will never be forgotten!

Thanks for all the great content on the forum as well! It has been great contributing and reading through everything on this forum with everyone! I will still come through and contribute when i can as my mother and my father-in-law both have Ranger still, so I will no disappear, but i won't be on as much as I used to!

20220818_100543.jpg

20220821_075632.jpg

20220821_064802.jpg

And the new truck, 2022 F-150 XLT with the 2.7 EB:

20220822_193921.jpg

20220823_094717.jpg
Congrats on your new F-150! Very nice!

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Sorry about the Ranger's issues. Enjoy your F-150!
Sponsored