First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX FX4
Occupation
Ford Sales and Leasing
Making this thread so I can keep track of what I have done to my Ranger. Feel free to follow along!

Mods done so far:

-General Grabber ATX 265/70r17
-Icon Alloys Rebound (Bronze) 17 x 8.5 +25 offset
-AEM Air Filter
-Gator SFX Tonneau Cover
-Tinted front windows to match the rear

Mods to come:

-Ford Fox 2.0 (should be here in a few days)

NOTE: If anyone is wondering, the wheel and tire combo does fit at stock height with very slight rubbing under compression if turning.

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg
Sponsored

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Wow the wheel and tire upgrade makes a world of difference for the looks and stance of the truck. About how big are those tires? Looks like maybe 32-33 inches?

OP
OP
HILKER05

HILKER05

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX FX4
Occupation
Ford Sales and Leasing
Wow the wheel and tire upgrade makes a world of difference for the looks and stance of the truck. About how big are those tires? Looks like maybe 32-33 inches?
They are a 31.6 so roughly a 32. I agree, its crazy how much just wheels and tires can change a truck!

OP
OP
HILKER05

HILKER05

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX FX4
Occupation
Ford Sales and Leasing
Fox 2.0s Finally came in yesterday and I installed the rear shocks on my own last night. What a royal pain that was... The FX4 shocks came out fairly easily but, installing the new ones took quite a bit of effort. One of the retaining straps came undone in transit so I had to use a ratchet strap to compress the shock and get it into place. The other shock, even with the retaining strap on, was still to long so, did the same for the other side. Both sides took a lot of cursing and muscle but finally got them in. Once in and when torqueing down the top bolts, I realized that the nuts Fox supplies were just spinning in place. I had to back the top bolts and re-use the original nuts to be able to tighten down all the way. All in all took about 2.5 hours and I now feel much more accomplished. I have a shop installing the fronts tomorrow and will report back with some pictures.

IMG_2846.jpg

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
I have a shop installing the fronts tomorrow and will report back with some pictures.
You are going to be very happy with the results. Hopefully any rubbing from the tires will go away.
I must say, I love Rapid Red, and the color of your wheels match perfect.

I installed my own front coil overs with a friend. even with the right tools and a lift it took us 3 hours. Like always, 2.5 for the first side, 30 minutes for the other !! at least it seemed that way!!

either way, its going to look very nice once it brings the front up

Good job

passaloutre

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX
Very nice! I love my STX and thinking about the same size tires and Fox 2.0. How much are they charging you to do the fronts? And do you notice a big difference with the air filter?

OP
OP
HILKER05

HILKER05

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX FX4
Occupation
Ford Sales and Leasing
Very nice! I love my STX and thinking about the same size tires and Fox 2.0. How much are they charging you to do the fronts? And do you notice a big difference with the air filter?
Thanks! They are charging me $300 for just the fronts and alignment. There is not a huge noticeable difference with the filter but, I feel like It can definitely breath better.

OP
OP
HILKER05

HILKER05

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX FX4
Occupation
Ford Sales and Leasing
I had the front suspension installed today. Wow… what a difference in ride. Loving the Fox 2.0 so far and really loving the new stance of the Ranger. Also added “The Stubby” antenna.

next mods on the list:

Ford Performance Tune
Rock Sliders
Diode Dynamics fog lights (possibly light bar as well)

7DBF7EB8-94EE-42F0-9466-DF57C11EB1AC.jpeg

88788ED1-E5B8-4ACC-ACE4-028F3DFE7592.jpeg

780C95C9-89A0-4369-9C06-22594CE35AC3.jpeg
Sponsored