Formula Indy

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried to remove their visor warning labels yet? I did once on an older car with mixed success. On my BMW I ordered euro visors and swapped them out. I wanted to see if anyone tried anything yet. Thanks

visor.jpg
Sponsored

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
I hate the "Nanny Stickers" on the visors. I feel they are an insult to my intelligence. That being said, it's not worth removing them because you will ALWAYS see where they were and in the long run it will look worse.
On my Explorer, after I removed them and found it looked just as bad, only different, I found some fabric that matched the color of the visors and sowed sleeves for the visors. Covered up the nasty glue residue that I couldn't find a way to remove and provided a place to "Stash things" without having to have your "Visor Debris" fall all over the place if you need to actually use you visor for its intended purpose...

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Just cover it up with something that you do want to look at. o_O

OP
OP
Formula Indy

Formula Indy

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I hate the "Nanny Stickers" on the visors. I feel they are an insult to my intelligence. That being said, it's not worth removing them because you will ALWAYS see where they were and in the long run it will look worse.
On my Explorer, after I removed them and found it looked just as bad, only different, I found some fabric that matched the color of the visors and sowed sleeves for the visors. Covered up the nasty glue residue that I couldn't find a way to remove and provided a place to "Stash things" without having to have your "Visor Debris" fall all over the place if you need to actually use you visor for its intended purpose...
Yes that's what I am afraid of. I was hoping someone cracked the puzzle.

DenyBlueXL

First Name
Deny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
Occupation
None
Has anyone tried to remove their visor warning labels yet? I did once on an older car with mixed success. On my BMW I ordered euro visors and swapped them out. I wanted to see if anyone tried anything yet. Thanks

visor.jpg
Determined to get the stickers off, experimented with Goo Gone, Acetone, Lacquer Thinner, Brush Cleaner,
Visor.JPG
Isopropyl Alcohol none totally removed the glue residue left behind after using a heat gun on low to pull the stickers off. Laid the visor flat and put a cloth soaked with Isopropyl Alcohol on the glue residue for 5 min and it turns the glue a milky white, then wiped it clean with Lacquer thinner. It’s like the Alcohol reactivates the glue and Lacquer thinner finishes the job. All I can say is it worked for me and not a trace of any stickers. It made me happy! Your results might be different on older Visors where the glue has hardened.
Sponsored