Tropical storm in New York?

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
You honorary New Englanders are in for some real rain tonight!
Sponsored

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, color Saber, all the bells and whistles
Occupation
Retired
I am from New England, last 12yrs in Florida and if you want real rain Florida has it, don't need a hurricane or TS a regular summer heavy rain storm will make you pull to side of the road until it passes. Unbelievable rain for 15-20mins then the sun comes out, crazy. Hurricane or TS crazy crazy rain even horizontal rain sometimes. I will still take the Florida rain over a winter nor'easter any day of the week, don't shovel rain!!!

OP
OP

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I am from New England, last 12yrs in Florida and if you want real rain Florida has it, don't need a hurricane or TS a regular summer heavy rain storm will make you pull to side of the road until it passes. Unbelievable rain for 15-20mins then the sun comes out, crazy. Hurricane or TS crazy crazy rain even horizontal rain sometimes. I will still take the Florida rain over a winter nor'easter any day of the week, don't shovel rain!!!
Amen to the lack of shoveling! At the other extreme, I was in the Philippines in 1990 when it rained, really poured, for 18 straight days, 24 hours a day. Massive flooding, etc. I would almost have traded it for a snow shovel. Almost.
Sponsored