Tools

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
alternator, starter, hoses, belt maybe even a water pump if really screwed. even some needle nose to replace a fuse or relay. while being rolling computers they still have some bolt on parts that you can swap with basic hand tools.
So this forum is about carrying tools in your vehicle. So if yu are traveling along a freeway somewhere, you are going to change a Starter or a hose or a belt or a water pump right along the freeway? Are you going to take all those spare parts with you also?
BTW, I haven't had a belt or a hose go out on a vehicle since th 80s. What the heck do you do that you have belts and hoses go out on you?
Sponsored

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I used to keep a pretty extensive tool bag in my trucks. Now, I keep just the essentials. Flashlight, sledgehammer, bow and arrow, bear trap, condoms, box of cookies, a map, a broom, paper towels, and some chop sticks.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I keep a small Kobalt set in there under the seat. It's like a 40 piece set of basic sockets, 2 extentions an a selection of screwdriver an torx bits an a handle. It's more for when I visit my kids that have no tools in the house an they pick up something that needs assembled an stuff like that.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
So this forum is about carrying tools in your vehicle. So if yu are traveling along a freeway somewhere, you are going to change a Starter or a hose or a belt or a water pump right along the freeway? Are you going to take all those spare parts with you also?
BTW, I haven't had a belt or a hose go out on a vehicle since th 80s. What the heck do you do that you have belts and hoses go out on you?
depends on the person. a person like me yes. Ive changed parts on the side of the road a few times. folks that have spent much time off road or in out of the way places carry stuff for inconveniences and minor emergencies. no i would not carry any parts, id just troll the net and be smug bout it till the stuff i needed showed up.

TheDillweed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
The Godfather
Let's be real - when it comes to tools, many times it's about building out the kit and less about the utility. I know a few guys where researching and buying tools is a hobby. They may never use them but the search and building is the fun part! As a bonus, they have tools 'just in case'.

I carry a few things in my box because I can. I may never use them for myself but there is a chance I may be able to help someone else.
Sponsored