Took my Raptor on a trail for the first time

GreyThumper

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor, a BMW R1200GS, a BMW R1150R
I should've taken more pics, but anyway, I took a beginners trailing class since the Raptor is basically my first "useable" 4WD vehicle (I've got an old Range Rover Classic, but that's a garage queen :blush: ). It's freaking amazing what this vehicle can do, and as the quote goes, it's great to learn from someone else's experience, because it gets pretty expensive to learn just from your own experience.

photo_2021-03-15 13.52.56.jpeg
photo_2021-03-15 13.46.06.jpeg
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
That looks like a great time. Is this in Manila, Cebu, or Mindanao areas? I joined a club here in CDO, bc I needed to find someone that knew the areas good for light offroading. Then found out they dont offroad :crying:.

OP
OP
GreyThumper

GreyThumper

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks like a great time. Is this in Manila, Cebu, or Mindanao areas? I joined a club here in CDO, bc I needed to find someone that knew the areas good for light offroading. Then found out they dont offroad :crying:.
Hahaha, I'm actually curious what's the percent of buyers in the Philippines who opt for 4WD. 10% or less?

Is the group you joined a Ford owners group? Maybe there's a multibrand trailing/overlanding group in CDO that's more your speed? I just assumed fewer big cities = loads of trails.

Anyway, place in the pics is called Jungle Base (https://www.facebook.com/JUNGLEBASE), in Tanay, maybe an hour's drive northeast of Manila. I hope there's a similar professionally run trailing/camping/general fun area where you are.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Hahaha, I'm actually curious what's the percent of buyers in the Philippines who opt for 4WD. 10% or less?

Is the group you joined a Ford owners group? Maybe there's a multibrand trailing/overlanding group in CDO that's more your speed? I just assumed fewer big cities = loads of trails.

Anyway, place in the pics is called Jungle Base (https://www.facebook.com/JUNGLEBASE), in Tanay, maybe an hour's drive northeast of Manila. I hope there's a similar professionally run trailing/camping/general fun area where you are.
Your right about the 4wd here, but there are so many Raptors around. They are everywhere you go basically. The group I joined was a Ford Everest group. We do have some very heavily modified 4wd here of different brands. The vids Ive seen though they are doing the serious bashing panels offroad stuff. Im no where near built for that kind of abuse, plus its still very new.

OP
OP
GreyThumper

GreyThumper

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're right; apparently there are more Ranger Raptors in the Philippines than any other country. I guess it's a tax thing -seems they're cheaper here than anywhere else, even Thailand, where they're made.

I'm not interesting in hardcore trailing either, just wanna try stuff the truck was built for. I don't wanna mod it for anything harder and compromise comfort, fuel efficiency, or my warranty :blush: .

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
You're right; apparently there are more Ranger Raptors in the Philippines than any other country. I guess it's a tax thing -seems they're cheaper here than anywhere else, even Thailand, where they're made.

I'm not interesting in hardcore trailing either, just wanna try stuff the truck was built for. I don't wanna mod it for anything harder and compromise comfort, fuel efficiency, or my warranty :blush: .
I agree, but the problem with warranty here is if you do anything it will break it ?
Sponsored