• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

The Con Job!

OP
OP
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
After putting over 1200 miles on her since last Friday, I have a good amount of time behind the wheel and so far I haven't really found much I dislike. I like the color more than any other, sunshine or overcast, light or dark. It really looks so damn good and I am not a green person - blue is my favorite color but not on these Raptor's.

So my short list after 1200 miles:

• Wireless charger. On long trips my phone gets hot and using Android Auto for nav and music, the phone drains faster than it charges. Did I mention it gets hot? Several times I got out to take a picture but couldn't because the phone had overheated and needed to cool down. But I have a case and taking that off did help some. The wireless charger will probably be better served in town keeping the phone charged or less drained just getting around. No biggie but I've been plugging it in to USB most of the trip. (Also, my lack of A/C may play a part in the phone over heating as the temps have been upper 70's - that's a whole other issue I won't discuss in this post).
  • Screen sensitivity. Driving around it get slightly bumpy and trying to press buttons on a touch screen has left me frustrated at times when it just slides the screen instead of selecting what I wanted. Not a huge issue, I'm still getting used to it. Overall I still like it.
  • Keyless locking. This is likely on me. I've noticed sometimes when I press the dimple on the door handle to lock the door, it unlocks. I think I might be grabbing the handle which then the vehicle thinks I'm trying to unlock. When I purposely press just my thumb on the dimple, it locks, and my mirrors fold in helping me confirm I locked it.
  • Rear sliding window. I've left it open a couple times without realizing it. There's an alert for you to check your backseat occupants when you shut off the car to get out, why not the window too?
  • Lane Keep Assist. Overall I love it, but sometimes I feel like it's battling me and I guess that's how it knows your hands are on the wheel. Which is annoying when I don't battle it, it beeps at me telling me to get my hands on the wheel. They are. I also wish there was an option for warning when you do cross a line. Other cars have a more intuitive option. But this is leaps and bounds more than what I had and I like it.
  • Owners manual. Being only available on the screen has been quite a learning curve. I do have a PDF version, but on the infotainment screen, it's a pain in the rear trying to find what you need.
  • Auto Start/Stop. I don't hate it. Sometimes it's inconvenient, like I'll come to a stop and the engine shuts off and instantly the line moves so I have to go. The engine shuts off for literally one second. That's annoying. But I like the overall concept and will utilize it. It's just a learning curve of knowing when you need to disable it or engage it. If a tune or aftermarket part comes out to disable it, I don't think I'll partake, at least not just yet.
  • Mirror mounting. I have a radar detector and a dash cam I need to mount. Blendmount makes mounts for the ones I have and I've mounted on other mirrors with clean wiring that makes everything look clean but on the 2024 Ranger, there's not enough room for both. I don't like using the 3M adhesive tape mounts so not sure how I'm going to get both where I want them. This is my biggest gripe.
That's seriously all I could gripe about but absolutely nothing that would keep me from buying this truck all over again a hundred more times. Maybe after another 1200 miles I'll find some more things I don't like but I doubt it. If you look for something to complain about, you'll find it, that's life and there's no such thing as perfection. But for me, this truck has been awesome so far and I can't stop looking at her. And she gets noticed. Today, in Frederiksburg, I was sitting at a stoplight waiting for it to turn green and a couple were crossing the street in front of me and the guy was just staring hard and smiling and giving me the thumbs up. I liked it lol. It's what I'm used to in the CTS-V. I've been staring at this truck nonstop but I haven't given myself the thumbs up. Yet. šŸ˜

So for all you future Ranger owners living vicariously through these forums and threads of the lucky ones who have received their trucks, hang in there! It is sooooooo worth it.
Iā€™m the same way with the mirror. Plus Iā€™m trying to find a way to hard wire my radiator. Donā€™t like wires hanging everywhere. The auto stop and start doesnā€™t work in my truck. Iā€™m good with that. Had it in my last two and had the button rubbed off. Also run in sport mode all the time. So Iā€™m good it doesnā€™t work in my truck. Maybe thereā€™s a way to turn it off completely and I ran across it accidentally. Iā€™ve thought about hitting the button to see if it comes on but am afraid it will start working again. So Iā€™m not screwing with something that is working for me now.
Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
On my 2019 F150 when I was in sport mode it locked out start stop. I believe it still works the same.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
I've found that MyMode, when programmed, can have it disabled. But that's pressing the R button twice as opposed to the Auto Start-Stop once. But I activate MyMode anyways every time I start the truck, so no matter what, I'm pressing buttons. I do wish MyMode was a memory feature that was programmed into either the key fob, or just last user.

And I did figure out the door lock function. I found myself grabbing the handle while trying to press the dimple, which just causes it to unlock. So cross that one off the list. Just need to get in the habit of using my thumb only or finger without grabbing the handle.

bubba Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 ranger
Occupation
old
2024 Ranger Lariat vs 2023 Canyon Denali, I am 78 years old so no need for off road....
Ranger advantage... power folding mirrors, garage door opener, front parking sensors and the front automatically comes on, better gas mileage, lower to the ground, smoother ride (non FX4), more steering wheel controls, headlight switch, lane centering, road sign recognition, 8-way power passenger seat,
Canyon Denali advantage... has Head up display, awesome stock exhaust sound, ventilated seats, fancier interior, bigger engine but in unofficial drag race Ranger won(youtube video). Probably because the Ranger has 10 speed transmission vs Canyon 8 speed. No front parking sensors and the camera does NOT automatically come on. I sold my new 2023 Canyon with only 788 miles and bought the Ranger Lariat.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
So I just picked mine up a couple hours ago and noticed when I got home the front of the bed by the cab looks like it's missing it trim piece. Can people check theirs or did Ford decide to save a buck or 2.

Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yea... especially the smaller screen... that gray plastic that the screen sits in reminds me of the TV surround on the GIANT 27" tube TV I had in the early 90s! Just supper ugly.

1712852107139-dh.png
staring at it in my basement & now I canā€™t unsee it. Punishment for choosing poverty spec. They all do it. But still.
Ford Ranger The Con Job! 1712984755329-f0

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Careful, there are at least a few folks around here that think dealer markups are not a problem.
They aren't if someone is willing to pay them. The mkt sets the price. If you don't like them, don't pay them. I didn't. I got my RRaptor a touch below MSRP.

These markups exist because people pay them and dealers are going to take advantage of making the extra money when they can since they also get to lose money on some vehicles that sit too long on their lots or don't have the marketability that they thought they had.

You want the most for your trade, they want the most for their vehicle. Ultimately you get what you and someone agree the vehicle is worth. They do the same.

To bitch about this is ridiculous. Pay what you want to pay and everyone else has that same right. If you don't like the price, don't pay it and wait until you find one you can buy at your price.

I like most don't always get to buy what I want when I want it, if at all. But that doesn't make the buyer or seller for the price I wasn't willing to pay wrong, stupid, or unethical.

Now if someone springs undisclosed markups or fees on someone else, that's being dishonest and disengenuine and then there is reason to be upset. That's unethical and shouldn't be tolerated.

Last edited:

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
So I just picked mine up a couple hours ago and noticed when I got home the front of the bed by the cab looks like it's missing it trim piece. Can people check theirs or did Ford decide to save a buck or 2.
Mine does look unfinished now that you mention it, like it should have a trim piece. A bunch of holes and slots. Mine has the spay-in bedliner covering it though.

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Mine does look unfinished now that you mention it, like it should have a trim piece. A bunch of holes and slots. Mine has the spay-in bedliner covering it though.
So does mine guess when I get a tonneau cover there is going to be lots of foam there. :facepalm:

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
They aren't if someone is willing to pay them. The mkt sets the price. If you don't like them, don't pay them. I didn't. I got my RRaptor a touch below MSRP.

These markups exist because people pay them and dealers are going to take advantage of making the extra money when they can since they also get to lose money on some vehicles that sit too long on their lots or don't have the marketability that they thought they had.

You want the most for your trade, they want the most for their vehicle. Ultimately you get what you and someone agree the vehicle is worth. They do the same.

To bitch about this is ridiculous. Pay what you want to pay and everyone else has that same right. If you don't like the price, don't pay it and wait until you find one you can buy at your price.

I like most don't always get to buy what I want when I want it, if at all. But that doesn't make the buyer or seller for the price I wasn't willing to pay wrong, stupid, or unethical.

Now if someone springs undisclosed markups or fees on someone else, that's being dishonest and disengenuine and then there is reason to be upset. That's unethical and shouldn't be tolerated.
BINGO!!
Sponsored