kolchaknight

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Hello,

Wondering if any one has completed a HID projector retrofit on/with the stock halogen headlights?

I have seen a few post here and there but nothing really explaining the retrofit process. Any feedback would be awesome! (picture for attention/example)
14040059_730567363750795_6708561302179259549_n.jpg
Sponsored

Scottlane1171

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
calibration tech
Nope I just bought LED lights I tried putting LED bulbs in but that wasn’t very bright these babies are beautiful
1700252235357.png

1700252329329.png

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
If you are wanting to swap the complete assemblies ref this video for instruction.
I had the LED delete from factory, Lariat. So, I made the truck as it was supposed to be and performed the swap myself, Halo's to Factory LED, Headlamps and Fog Lamps
HUGE difference over the Halo's
I did a lot of research on here on the proper Forscan settings to get them working correctly as you will find varying settings that owners use.

There are a number of members that have just installed LED bulbs into the Halo housing, the problem with that is that the Halo is a reflector housing, and the light output will never be perfect, doable but not perfect. A HID requires a Projector Headlamp to put out the proper light output as well.
You will also encounter fitment issues getting the bulbs to clock properly and fit under the OEM dust covers on the back of the light assembly.

Caution - any discussion on adding a LED bulb to that Reflector Housing rattles a lot of cages on this forum.

When I ordered my truck, it was ordered with LED headlamps, truck was delivered without LED and had Halo's installed a measly $500 credit, I took that credit and applied it towards the purchase of the Factory LED's the truck was supposed to come with. It is a very expensive upgrade but well worth it.

Link for Forscan Settings
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/updated-findings-for-lariat-headlight-swap.22243/

Link for Install Video
This install video will cover all headlamp options that are available.
However, the term Plug and Play, is not totally accurate, it requires Forscan tweaks to get them working correctly.

Sponsored