First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Looks good! I ordered yesterday, supposed to get it Monday. Can't wait!

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Love the versatility of this topper. Easy on and off.

C851CB9B-E34D-4B3B-9A1B-EAE854B2A6F9.jpeg
Ordered the Bestop Supertruck 2 soft top weeks ago on backorder. Still waiting for delivery. Called them and they said it was in but they were doing a quality check on the product before they ship it out. Could be a couple more weeks.

BULLDOG

First Name
JOEY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FOCUS ST
Ordered the Bestop Supertruck 2 soft top weeks ago on backorder. Still waiting for delivery. Called them and they said it was in but they were doing a quality check on the product before they ship it out. Could be a couple more weeks.
I need to see a picture of that when you get it mounted. Had one on my old 2002 and loved it. but I see where it is going to have solid side panels. Not sure how I feel about that. Old one had windows in it, liked that.

MMoore4545

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Snow Edition, 2022 HD FXLRST
Occupation
Software guy
Softopper owner here, I've had mine since January, bought the truck in December, maybe 3k miles on the topper at this point.

Took it camping at the Santee Coastal Reserve in SC and used it as a tent the past weekend after my better half realized there were a lot of alligators in the area we were camping and her small pup would probably attract them a bit at night.

Things to consider:

As a tent, it is ok. The small bed (5ft) is awful unless you're solo and can sprawl out diagonally. Invest in making a platform, and/or build/buy something like a 'footbox'. The floor of the bed isn't too "hard" for me but the channels in the floor are tough to make flat and create hotspots like when you sleep on rocks in a tent.

I have the screen zip in back window. Which is 100% needed to slow down (not prevent) condensation.

The tent is not bug proof. Buy a can of DEET or a mosquito net to hang from the inside.

IMG_20200315_081120133_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200222_120943220_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200314_171317518_HDR.jpg

MMoore4545

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Snow Edition, 2022 HD FXLRST
Occupation
Software guy
Would the rear window part scratch the tailgate paint? Since it hangs down and all? That is the only thing keeping from getting one.
Aerodynamics lift that off of the tailgate at the rear while driving. I keep a good coat of wax on my truck too though.

There is a strip of the soft side of Velcro along that entire edge of the back window panel.

Softopper supplies 3m male Velcro (hard side) adhesive strips, but on their facebook says it isn't necessary. I've driven 80+ oh the freeways and haven't had any issues in 3k miles.

A lot of Tacoma guys use magnets to secure the Velcro to the tailgate. Ours is aluminum. So no luck.

I did make some magnets for the front flap to attach to instead of drilling for snaps or mounting more velcro.

Cut off most of the threads for the snap head machine screws. bought some 25lb magnets from homedepot with the hole in the middle. Glued them in.
1584532990003.png

Last edited:

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Aerodynamics lift that off of the tailgate at the rear while driving. I keep a good coat of wax on my truck too though.

There is a strip of the soft side of Velcro along that entire edge of the back window panel.

Softopper supplies 3m male Velcro (hard side) adhesive strips, but on their facebook says it isn't necessary. I've driven 80+ oh the freeways and haven't had any issues in 3k miles.

A lot of Tacoma guys use magnets to secure the Velcro to the tailgate. Ours is aluminum. So no luck.

I did make some magnets for the front flap to attach to instead of drilling for snaps or mounting more velcro.

Cut off most of the threads for the snap head machine screws. bought some 25lb magnets from homedepot with the hole in the middle. Glued them in.
1584532990003.png
I had the velcro on mine for a few months, but ended up taking it off, and either just let the flap hang, or a lot of the time I just end up shutting the tailgate over the flap and let it tuck in. I'm sure this isn't ideal in heavy rain, but for normal stuff it works just fine.