First Name
Kieren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Systems Administrator
Been wanting to set up work lights on the rear but having the sailplane there are really no options that I have found to achieve this or add a mounting option in this position. I spent today pulling the sailplane apart and seeing how much room is in one of these out of curiosity.
Turns out there's a small cable tray in there and a bit of space to place some ally flat bar for added support to mount some Stedi work lights to using nuts, washers, and bolts.
1f642.png

For the holes that have been drilled, I have used a generous amount of silicon between the plastics and the flat bar and for the cable entry rubber grommets for each side. This allows for that perfect no-cable install.

For those worrying about it cracking plastics, lights falling off, or not being strong enough - it has surprised me and I can confirm it seems okay and solid. I was worried about this too but since installing it it feels very rigid and strong. There are 8 screws that go into holding the middle piece of the sailplane together and this goes into the harder ABS plastic which forms the main body of the sailplane.

20230527_134835.jpg

20230527_134843.jpg

20230527_161512.jpg

20230527_161522.jpg
Sponsored