Removing tailgate?

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
I removed the two plastic caps on the tailgate ends toward the bottom corners, removed the camera harness, wondering if anyone has removed the tailgate entirely, I was a little frustrated, please chime in if you've successfully taking the tailgate off and reinstalled.
Sponsored

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I've lifted mine off the hinges with minimal effort. It's at about 45 degrees. Never disconnected the harness. I did it while trying to see if I could use the hose clamp method of keeping it from being easily stolen. Doesn't use the old style round hinges though.

OP
OP
mURmECH

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
I've lifted mine off the hinges with minimal effort. It's at about 45 degrees. Never disconnected the harness. I did it while trying to see if I could use the hose clamp method of keeping it from being easily stolen. Doesn't use the old style round hinges though.
I tried again with no luck, I’ll try getting it to a 45 and pulling it off here in a few hours

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I did it right side first.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
My salesman told of tweakers sneak into lot and steal the Aluminum tailgates. They lost five in one night. That is why there are locks on tailgates.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
My salesman told of tweakers sneak into lot and steal the Aluminum tailgates. They lost five in one night. That is why there are locks on tailgates.

Are you saying that the tailgates were stolen even with the tailgate locked? That really sucks. I thought the tailgates locked when the truck is locked. If the trucks were left unlocked which would make them easier to steal plus access to the inside of the trucks. That sounds crazy too leaving a new truck on a lot unlocked.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I didnt do an investigation of sales story. I would imagine that it was before locking tailgates or somebody screwed up. Or it could be that the locks are easy to unlock with simple tools just like the doors. LOL
Sponsored