Removing front badge (what kind of nut are they using?)

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I am about to ditch my raptor style grill after painting my factory XLT grill trim and logo and I am looking at how the logo is attached. It looks like maybe some sort of self tapping nut with teeth on the outside flange?. Is this just a nut design to bite the plastic as its installed and can simply be undone like any other bolt? Or is it some sort of rivet? "Well OFC Ranger go try a socket and see what happens" - I'm just not in a spot right now where I can try that. :O
Sponsored

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
I am about to ditch my raptor style grill after painting my factory XLT grill trim and logo and I am looking at how the logo is attached. It looks like maybe some sort of self tapping nut with teeth on the outside flange?. Is this just a nut design to bite the plastic as its installed and can simply be undone like any other bolt? Or is it some sort of rivet? "Well OFC Ranger go try a socket and see what happens" - I'm just not in a spot right now where I can try that. :O
https://www.bluespringsfordparts.com/v-2019-ford-ranger--xl--2-3l-l4-gas/body--grille-and-components

seems to be some sort of nut