Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I got my first substantial dent but was able to affect a 90% self repair. I presume the dent was the result of a parking lot incident.
The first picture is of the door panel damage and the second is after removing the inner door panel and affecting some degree of repair. It's not perfect but I'm pretty satisfied with my results as it's a pickup not a show car. To do any better would require some form tools and access to the outer panel is limited by the backing structure.
YouTube has a good video on how to remove the inner panel of a SuperCab so I won't go into that. To ease reinstallation of the panel be sure to remove any of the 7 white round pop in plugs that remained in the door and install them into the slots on the inner panel as shown in the 3rd picture. The sound insulation is attached with a semi sticky adhesive and is easily pried loose then reattached.
Ranger dent 1.jpeg
Ranger dent 2.jpeg

Ranger door panel.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rviator

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
parking lot incident?

in my area, that qualifies as a reportable accident because of the potential damage cost.
At this point it's probably not worth the effort, I can't even specify a location.
I bought a paintless glue type dent repair kit at Amazon, I may experiment with it at some point, but hesitant as I don't want to damage the paint.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Jesus christ did you get door dinged by a sledge hammer?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
parking lot incident?

in my area, that qualifies as a reportable accident because of the potential damage cost.
I agree with RP. It wouldn't hurt to call your Insurance just to see if you're covered under comprehensive. You never know......they may take care of that for you.
Sponsored