First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
So this is the first time I have gotten a truck without a pre sprayed bed, and I regret making that decision. Liners are only done during the week in my area, no place will do them on the weekend. Like yeah I get that, it's great and all for them but how the hell am I suppose to get it done when this is my only vehicle and I work like a normal person mon-fri. Not really sure what other options except to just throw a bed mat back there maybe. Drop in liners tend to rust beds faster so don't really care for that route, unless somebody has had better experiences with them.

Just super surprised no body does them on saturdays, you'd think it would be a bigger business day
Sponsored

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Havent seen the bed liner cause rust issues. In the rust belt, every truck I have seen rusts from the box supports and up, not the other way around. Pulled a bed liner out of a 430xxx mile dodge 2500 texas truck and it was just dirt underneath, no rust.
Im thinking the bed liner=rust mentality is a rumor or myth, started by people who think it causes rust. I have yet to see it.

I have the ford bed mat. I like it, its about 3/8 inch thick or so. Way thicker than a spay liner. I was planning on doing spray liner + bed mat but havent got around to it. Probably never will tbh.

OP
OP
snorlax

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
Havent seen the bed liner cause rust issues. In the rust belt, every truck I have seen rusts from the box supports and up, not the other way around. Pulled a bed liner out of a 430xxx mile dodge 2500 texas truck and it was just dirt underneath, no rust.
Im thinking the bed liner=rust mentality is a rumor or myth, started by people who think it causes rust. I have yet to see it.

I have the ford bed mat. I like it, its about 3/8 inch thick or so. Way thicker than a spay liner. I was planning on doing spray liner + bed mat but havent got around to it. Probably never will tbh.
I was actually looking at that one, It looks nice and covers the tailgate from the picture I've seen which is all I really care about. Also 100.00 or more cheaper than the spray. Think I will probably end up going with that and worry about a bed liner later when I find the time to be able to do it

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Spray it yourself...Took a Saturday in the garage and only cost me about $120. Did mine with Raptor liner, it looks and holds up great!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I was actually looking at that one, It looks nice and covers the tailgate from the picture I've seen which is all I really care about. Also 100.00 or more cheaper than the spray. Think I will probably end up going with that and worry about a bed liner later when I find the time to be able to do it
The Ranger is the first truck I've had a spray in liner installed. I've never had a problem with rust from the drop in ones. However they are slick as a baby's butt, and I always used a bed mat with them. So, with approx. 350 bucks for a good liner and right at a hundred for the mat I thought I'd try a spray in liner with this one. 'Bout the same outlay of money for me.

And BTW, I don't understand why all the companies around you are closed on Saturday's either. I would think they could understand most folks work through the week. Also, Ford makes a good bed mat. I had one, and used it in two F-150's for 8 years combined. Hung in there really well.

OP
OP
snorlax

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
The Ranger is the first truck I've had a spray in liner installed. I've never had a problem with rust from the drop in ones. However they are slick as a baby's butt, and I always used a bed mat with them. So, with approx. 350 bucks for a good liner and right at a hundred for the mat I thought I'd try a spray in liner with this one. 'Bout the same outlay of money for me.

And BTW, I don't understand why all the companies around you are closed on Saturday's either. I would think they could understand most folks work through the week. Also, Ford makes a good bed mat. I had one, and used it in two F-150's for 8 years combined. Hung in there really well.
Yeah I'm not really to sure either, my only guess is they use the weekends to maybe have a crew come in and sanitize over the weekend or they're running short crews with lay off due to covid. But that's good to know on the drop ins.
Sponsored