Quick Romp - Hollister Hills SVRA

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
A few friends and I decided to take this morning off and make a quick run to Hollister Hills SVRA. The friend brought his '97 Land Rover Defender 90, while I was in my trusty Ranger. The weather was excellent, in the '60s, and the trails were slightly damp from yesterday's rain, with little dust.

Hollister Hills is tough, as you'll see from some of the photos below. I've run the trails a few times in my old Frontier, but this was the first time in the Ranger - very thankful for the 2" lift as well as the diff. locker. With careful driving, I only banged the hitch shackle ONCE ;-) The sidewalls of the tires took some abuse on the rocky trails, so better-than-stock tires are definitely recommended.

I'd be happy to organize a trip to Hollister Hills sometime this year, with the only requirement being "4WD", but highly recommended are at least a 2" lift, a diff. locker, and larger plus beefier side-wall A/T or M/T tires (I run 265/70/17s, or 32" tires).

6EG0GZF.jpg

RkfFbh8.jpg

u11XojV.jpg

CQjlLUX.jpg

Below is a cement ramp, similar but a bit harder than the one at Hungry Valley SVRA. The trail at the bottom is actually less-rutty than others that we ran today:
mkhdIKt.jpg

View of the city of Hollister, from the "Outlook":
cAhq6KJ.jpg
Sponsored

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Any word on this? Or did I miss it because I am old? ;-)

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still down to go, I know they're open again. I'm free to go in most of July (just not weekend of the 11th).

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still down to go, I know they're open again. I'm free to go in most of July (just not weekend of the 11th).
I am OOC for the next week. Unfortunately.
Sponsored