Price expectations Q4 and Q1 2020

Loco57

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
What is everyone’s expectations on price going into end of the year and into early next year on 2019 year models? I have been monitoring inventory levels in north Texas and they have stayed steady and slightly risen over the last month. Currently I am seeing around 8k off MSRP at local dealerships I have done business with in the past. Do you think we will see 10-11k off in the coming months? Trying to decide when to pull the trigger as I am not in a hurry and want the best possible price. Also seems like xlt and lariat getting same dealership discounts i have not seen that in the past with f150 so thought that was interesting.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I’m going through this same process right now. What a hassle.

I do have a lariat down to $36,365 ($44k MSRP) and trying to decide to pull the trigger or be a bit more greedier and let two dealers duke it out to see if I can save another grand. Nearly 8k off though I may be pushing my luck at the moment.

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
What is everyone’s expectations on price going into end of the year and into early next year? I have been monitoring inventory levels in north Texas and they have stayed steady and slightly risen over the last month. Currently I am seeing around 8k off MSRP at local dealerships I have done business with in the past. Do you think we will see 10-11k off in the coming months? Trying to decide when to pull the trigger as I am not in a hurry and want the best possible price. Also seems like xlt and lariat getting same dealership discounts i have not seen that in the past with f150 so thought that was interesting.
I foresee that the cut rate financing will go away on the 2020 as well as the hefty rebate. Early this past summer the rebate on the 2019 was $500 and the financing was in the 3.9% for 60 months; I foresee that will be the norm on the 2020 until Jun or Jul 2020.

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
I've been planning to do the same as my ten year old car is still running just fine but I want the truck by the time ski season starts out here.

I've been tracking inventory, posted dealer discounts, and incentives starting in June at a few Seattle area dealers. Reported inventory levels are roughly flat, but I've noticed an increase in posted dealer discounts starting in late September. The best deals posted on the dealer sites I'm seeing are about $6500 dealer discount, $1000 bonus cash, $1000 trade in assist.

I'm pretty confident we'll see better incentives in November, enough that I'm planning on paying $250 to renew my tabs this month rather than buy now. I'm hoping for a combined $10k discount with 0 to 1.9% 60mo financing with a decent trade in value and limited dealer fees.

Once inventory of 2019 model starts to drop getting the options you want, especially if you want fewer options will get more difficult with time. I'm planning on buying a Lariat with all the options so I'm not as worried about finding what i want on the dealer lot. If

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I see a real price war latter next year for mid-sized trucks.
Ford will most likely have more production on the Ranger as they refine production..
Toyota is opening a new Tacoma plant in Mexico in Dec and ramping production in their Texas plant. Should be flooding the market with Tacomas.
Could see more competition from Nissan as they release their new midsized next year.
Colorado is aging and will need more discounts to keep up. This is already starting..

OP
OP

Loco57

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
I am looking At a 2wd xlt with every option msrp around 36500 hoping to get it for 26,500 and 0% for 60 I am open to color but would like the sport package.....I just can’t believe we are seeing discounts this steep with 0% on top I guess this just really shows where the vehicle market is right now

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
I am looking At a 2wd xlt with every option msrp around 36500 hoping to get it for 26,500 and 0% for 60 I am open to color but would like the sport package.....I just can’t believe we are seeing discounts this steep with 0% on top I guess this just really shows where the vehicle market is right now
Are you seeing anything close to that? 10k off with 0% financing seems like a crazy deal.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Are you seeing anything close to that? 10k off with 0% financing seems like a crazy deal.
Yea if I could get a deal like that I would have one now.
There is not enough markup, rebates or hold backs to get it that cheap.

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Yea if I could get a deal like that I would have one now.
There is not enough markup, rebates or hold backs to get it that cheap.
If you include trade in assist and the other bonus cash I bet we’ll get close to that once 2020s are common on the lot.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
If I found that price here I’d consider buying another one!

OP
OP

Loco57

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
If you include trade in assist and the other bonus cash I bet we’ll get close to that once 2020s are common on the lot.
Agreed. I think that will be common in January/February. I will be going to the Texas state fair this weekend to check our all the competition but for 10k off msrp I am not sure any of the competitors can come close to the value the ranger brings at 10k off msrp. I think ranger at 10k off will beat Tacoma in depreciation over 2-3 years. If anything like F150 at 15-16k off (commonplace here in Texas) you can drive it for a year and not lose a dime!

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Saw this in my Instagram feed today! This includes Ford incentives and trade sweeteners I’m sure.

41E3D0A6-A7FC-4949-8F1E-7085FC279AFD.png

Formula Indy

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this in my Instagram feed today! This includes Ford incentives and trade sweeteners I’m sure.

41E3D0A6-A7FC-4949-8F1E-7085FC279AFD.png
We have a dealer like that here that advertises amazing discounts. Once you go in you find they apply every possible one, which no one probably qualifies for, unfortunately. I think those dealers are a good starting point though.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Yea there is like 6500 in rebates that are for like first responders, students, farmers, military etc.

Really has not changed.. Still 1000.00 and 1500 trade in assistance. Actually I thought the trade assistance was higher before.
If I could get 10,000 off I would buy tomorrow..

Right now about 4500.00 off is about what I can get.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
What is everyone’s expectations on price going into end of the year and into early next year on 2019 year models? I have been monitoring inventory levels in north Texas and they have stayed steady and slightly risen over the last month. Currently I am seeing around 8k off MSRP at local dealerships I have done business with in the past. Do you think we will see 10-11k off in the coming months? Trying to decide when to pull the trigger as I am not in a hurry and want the best possible price. Also seems like xlt and lariat getting same dealership discounts i have not seen that in the past with f150 so thought that was interesting.
Please allow me to offer input on this subject.
To me, a new vehicle purchase is a large outlay of cash and that I usually hold on to the vehicle for many years. All have been Ford products with a lone foray in a GM truck ( a mistake NEVER to happen again).
With that said, this is the reason why all my previous new cars/trucks have been special ordered. I care not about year end model discounts/incentives/rebates because when parting company with $35K + of money it behooves me to buy a truck with the body style and options that I want, not what the Ford dealer thinks I should have.
As most here will confirm, new SuperCab Rangers in any dealer's inventory are a rare breed, I dare say that the ratio is 9:1 with body style availability.
I've a 2020 SuperCab Lariat 4x2 on order because I much prefer a slightly longer bed and have little use for 4 full doors.
True, I may spend almost 40K for this truck, but it will be my absolutely my last new vehicle purchase ever.
Going out with a 'bang' you might say, my family are still puzzled why I sprung for the 'Rapid Red Tricoat metallic' finish (the first ever red vehicle I've ever owned).
Sponsored