Plastic shroud in the middle of the grille

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
So I'm trying to install the ACC relocation bracket from Westin and the bottom legs of the bracket is a little too long. Its hitting the plastic shroud in the middle of the grill (I have the lariat grill). Instead of trying to saw off the bottom of the bracket that's made of steel, I'm wondering if that plastic shroud is really that important? I have a pic of how the bracket is sticking up. I called Westin and they're sending me another bracket on case the one I have was just made incorrectly. But I have a feeling I'll have to saw the bottom legs off the bracket to make it fit.

20210107_104632.jpg

Screenshot_20210107-223832_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Sponsored

superfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I did some work that required me to get into that space. I removed that plastic shroud and never put it back in. I've been driving around without and so far the truck hasn't exploded.

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I did some work that required me to get into that space. I removed that plastic shroud and never put it back in. I've been driving around without and so far the truck hasn't exploded.
Glad to hear it hasnt exploded lol I'm guessing the shroud is there to prevent rocks and shit from flying up into the engine bay? Not sure how necessary it is. I dont know man I might just cut out a hole in the shroud to fit the bracket

Bzmustang13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Ever cut or was your 1st bracket a lemon? Can’t decide if I am going to relocate the ACC, but this seems like a good, cheap bracket option. I also have the Lariat.

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Ever cut or was your 1st bracket a lemon? Can’t decide if I am going to relocate the ACC, but this seems like a good, cheap bracket option. I also have the Lariat.
I cut the bottom of the bracket after doing some measurements. Works perfectly.
Sponsored