Parking light functionality

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
Then you do know that a tail light assembly for my 2020 Lariat retails @ almost $1200.00 each:

Rear, Stop And Flasher Lamp Assembly Part #: 13405
Rear Lamps Usages:
LH, 12/01/2018, TFG Ranger 2019-, BLIS With CTA W/Trailer Lite
For your prices and availability select a dealer

MSRP: $1,181.82 Core Charge: $80.00

And, as I stated in an earlier response, it is indeed a personal preference.

Much as I chose to buy a Lariat and other items in my life.
So you paid how much for the extended warranty to save you from possibly spending $1101.82 on a taillight assembly after core.
You do know that LED lifespans are normally around 25,000 hrs or 2.85 years of continuous use.
Let's say you drive in a lot of stop n go traffic and your rear lights are on 1 hr a day, in that scenario the lights have been designed to last 68.49 yrs.
I think you're more likely to get hit from behind.
But as you said it's your choice and your money.
Cheers
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
If you honestly think that I paid 1K for an extended warranty that covers SOLELY the LED lamps then it appears that a totally new strain of the Covid-19 virus has struck San Diego.

Better have yourself checked ASAP.

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you honestly think that I paid 1K for an extended warranty that covers SOLELY the LED lamps then it appears that a totally new strain of the Covid-19 virus has struck San Diego.

Better have yourself checked ASAP.
No you paid a hell of a lot more than 1k for a warranty that you may or may not use for taillights, engine failure, a/c breaking etc.
Like I said, your decision and your money.
I just dont believe in spending an extra 4k+ warranty on a new vehicle that is covered for the next 3 years and next 5 on powertrain.

And trying to insult me is really not necessary and makes you look immature.

Cheers?

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Esthetics basically, do they operate as I described on your XLT?
Honestly, I've never thought to look.

I just dont believe in spending an extra 4k+ warranty on a new vehicle that is covered for the next 3 years and next 5 on powertrain.
Some dealers, mine included, offer a lifetime powertrain warranty. HUGE peace of mind boost. But yeah, to me, extended warranties are a total waste of money. If you have any sort of real savings, you can cover the ultimately unlikely repairs that may happen. I've found regular and proper maintenance per the manufacturer's instructions and not abusing the vehicle are the only real extended warranty I've needed across all the new vehicles I've owned.

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No you paid a hell of a lot more than 1k for a warranty that you may or may not use for taillights, engine failure, a/c breaking etc.
Like I said, your decision and your money.

And trying to insult me is really not necessary and makes you look immature.

Cheers?
You can believe what you wish regarding what I paid for the coverage.

What started off as a simple, innocuous question has turned into a rather spirited debate, bordering on absurd.

You insult yourself sir, not me.

Last edited:

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I bought an extended warranty for the first time. The 7-year 100,000 mile with a $100 deductible plus LED light coverage ran $1235. It's like all other insurance: a waste of money if you never need it, but worth having if you do. My Ranger replaces a GM vehicle that started giving problems at 23,000 miles and one month out of warranty. GM refused to give me any help.

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can believe what you wish regarding what I paid for the coverage.

What started off as a simple, innocuous question has turned into a rather spirited debate, bordering on absurd.

You insult yourself sir, not me.
You seem to forget that I also just purchased a new Ranger and was offered all the various levels of extended warranty so I do know what they cost and was only saying that I dont see the value of extended warranties, to which you took offense to because I used an example of perceived value based on your comments about how much a taillight assembly costs.

I have not insulted you directly, called you any names or accused you of having a different form of covid-19 that affects a persons thought process as you suggested that San Diegians or I might have.

Let's face it you are offended by nothing more than me disagreeing with buying an extended warranty and chose to make insults changing the direction of the exchange.

So at your suggestion to end this I will not reply to any more of your replys and wish you and that beautiful Ford Ranger a long and trouble free relationship.

Best of luck, cheers ????✌

BrianEvens

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Are we still talking about the lighting questions? Because I'm very interested in that answer. Mokume, we are kindred spirits, because I feel the same way about them that you do.
I don't, however, care about all y'all's various warranty issues. haha

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No, as a matter of fact the issue is closed as far as I am concerned.
I've gathered more than enough information already, most of it has to do about the original subject

Last edited:

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut and once I discovered the ig button for ect.. I use it.
I agree with you Jeff.
Smile we are Americans ; most likely.
Sponsored