New Puppy need nice seat covers

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Subaru Outback
Like the title says, we brought home a 9 week old Goldendoodle Sunday and want to see if any of you have covered up your seats with covers. Thinking it may be a good idea with winters in Maine and a Lake house on a dirt road. Any suggestions are welcome.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CMJT

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like the title says, we brought home a 9 week old Goldendoodle Sunday and want to see if any of you have covered up your seats with covers. Thinking it may be a good idea with winters in Maine and a Lake house on a dirt road. Any suggestions are welcome.
Might as well introduce Baxter as well

F8C48B90-BE29-495F-A2DC-AB3A89E3A630.jpeg

D37A9457-971B-4CC7-8EB0-0FDFE1EA0C47.jpeg

27225964-ABA4-4EC9-8936-6A4FF1DD55C7.jpeg

OP
OP
CMJT

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Deleted member 1634

We just have a standard Carhartt rear seat cover that we've been transferring between vehicles for years now. It doesn't exactly fit in the Ranger, but it never really fit in our Crosstrek either, it's just a generic size and works plenty fine. Easy to take out when you want to put people back there instead.

But yes, a seat cover is a good idea for those of us in winter climates. That salt, sand, and snow really messes up the seats fast if their uncovered.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
i always liked the cordura type fabric on the carhart ones. never bought one for my f150 but will for the ranger. The one i like hooks over the rear headrests lays down the seat back and across seat. I have seen ones that then fold over and lay on the floor and others that then attach to the head rests of the front seats, so you get protection of both seats plus a bit of a barrier so fido doesnt have quite so much access to climb over the console and into the front seats.

I ended up making a rear seat platform for my f150 covered in carpet, the frame rests on the seat hinge and on the underseat storage box i had made then the carpeted top sets on top with a lip around it to keep it still, 2 dogs could sit, stand or lay down safely and not destroy the seats. I kept it on trade in, lts free to a good home for someone local.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
OP
OP
CMJT

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this dog, has already earned a seat in the front, cute little bugger...so you only need a front seat cover...the wife...she can ride in the back.
He is awesome and wife has been riding in back seat...........but with him. Life is better with a dog!

tugger50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT RANGER SUPERCREW, 2002 F-350 7.3 POWERSTROKE DIESEL
OP
OP
CMJT

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the same cover and it is excellent

What a cute little bugger!!!!! Was he named after Last Man Standing?
He was named after Baxter State Park in Maine lol. He is awesome.

OP
OP
CMJT

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the same cover and it is excellent

What a cute little bugger!!!!! Was he named after Last Man Standing?
I picked up the car seat cover that you have. Its a decent fit and was very reasonable cost wise. I think it will do the trick.

Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I picked up a Covercraft Carhartt fitted seat cover for the rear seat (as well as some Weathertech door covers). Tough and durable for my 85lb rotti mix, and I like that there are separate pieces for the bench/rear backing/head+arm rests for a better fit and easier removal/washing.
Sponsored