Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
That’s a pretty awesome truck my guy!!

just out of curiosity do you guys have bio diesel (B5 or B10) and if so what is the Ranger able to handle for the bio blend? ie. some volvos (transports) have a limit of B10 or B15(which is a rare blend)
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
Sure :) What are you looking for?

2021-04-29 15.02.35.jpg
Just wanted to see what the crash bars looked like on a 4 door. looks great, thank you!

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Limited 2.0 BiTurbo
Occupation
Mechanic
That’s a pretty awesome truck my guy!!

just out of curiosity do you guys have bio diesel (B5 or B10) and if so what is the Ranger able to handle for the bio blend? ie. some volvos (transports) have a limit of B10 or B15(which is a rare blend)
Thank you, i am starting be be pleased with how it is now myself. :)

I think all diesel here is blended B7, but other biodiesels are also available. You can buy HVO100 and use it on any diesel vehicle, but it is pretty much double the price so it is not very much used.

I also believe that all euro engines is required to handle B7 by the way.

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Just wanted to see what the crash bars looked like on a 4 door. looks great, thank you!
Aha, i see :) Feel free to ask if you want pictures of anything else :)

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
Man i wish I could have that motor....

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Man i wish I could have that motor....
I was real skeptical about it it the beginning, thought it would lack the low end torque the 3.2 has, but actually i think it may be alot better. I drive with loads around 5-6-7000pound daily, and i rarely have to go over 3000 rpm. Of course if i have to gain speed or go up a steep hill i have to, but when i reach cruising speed it almost allways is around 1800 - 2200 rpm.

We actually ordered another for my boss now, delivery date is around May / June i believe.
Same specs as mine.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
I was real skeptical about it it the beginning, thought it would lack the low end torque the 3.2 has, but actually i think it may be alot better. I drive with loads around 5-6-7000pound daily, and i rarely have to go over 3000 rpm. Of course if i have to gain speed or go up a steep hill i have to, but when i reach cruising speed it almost allways is around 1800 - 2200 rpm.

We actually ordered another for my boss now, delivery date is around May / June i believe.
Same specs as mine.
No issues with the cold? Or have you had a winter yet? Also pro tip with the B7, normal diesel fuel helps to lubricate, but bio-diesel has properties that sort of go against that, while 100% fine to use just ensure you always have good engine oil and change it regularly, and if you can once in awhile try to use B0 (non biodiesel). We have a few accounts that won’t take biodiesel (mostly in marine applications) because it’s cleaning their engines and plugging filters... but if you are running mainly B7 it shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
No issues with the cold? Or have you had a winter yet? Also pro tip with the B7, normal diesel fuel helps to lubricate, but bio-diesel has properties that sort of go against that, while 100% fine to use just ensure you always have good engine oil and change it regularly, and if you can once in awhile try to use B0 (non biodiesel). We have a few accounts that won’t take biodiesel (mostly in marine applications) because it’s cleaning their engines and plugging filters... but if you are running mainly B7 it shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
No problems at all. We had a period of about 3-4 weeks with -18 to -26 degrees C (0 to -15 F) and i had no problem at all. I was actually mostly worried about my battery because i use a dieselheater (Eberspacher) in the mornings to defrost the car and preheat the cooling liquid.

Also i am a mechanic and i had to startboost 6-7-8 machines every day for that period (including saturdays)

I dont think i have it posted here, but i have a NATO outlet by my taillights outlet, for startboosting other equipment. It is a 70 mm2 (2/0 AWG?) welding earth wire from the battery. Ill snap a picture and post it here. Works great really. I used to have a traditional booster in the back of the truck, but it had to be charged often, and if i forgot it it would be of no use for me.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
No problems at all. We had a period of about 3-4 weeks with -18 to -26 degrees C (0 to -15 F) and i had no problem at all. I was actually mostly worried about my battery because i use a dieselheater (Eberspacher) in the mornings to defrost the car and preheat the cooling liquid.

Also i am a mechanic and i had to startboost 6-7-8 machines every day for that period (including saturdays)

I dont think i have it posted here, but i have a NATO outlet by my taillights outlet, for startboosting other equipment. It is a 70 mm2 (2/0 AWG?) welding earth wire from the battery. Ill snap a picture and post it here. Works great really. I used to have a traditional booster in the back of the truck, but it had to be charged often, and if i forgot it it would be of no use for me.
Nice. My 2.3L eco boost has no problems with the -20C and a few days lower. I have the block heater but I won’t use it until -25C and only maybe an hour before I have to actually start it. My block heater also heats the battery so shouldn’t be an issue here.

I was thinking of running power to the bed and have seen a few options but with there being a 115V in the cabin I have not seen a huge issue with running a cord thru the back window, yet at least. I’m not boosting heavy equipment though....

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Here is the "booster outlet" with approximately 5m (16ft) of cable to jumpstart MEWPs, excavators, forklifts etc.

2021-05-04 14.17.58.jpg

2021-05-04 14.18.09.jpg

2021-05-04 14.18.50.jpg
Sponsored