My New Gen 6 Ranger

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Damn dude did you build a tree fort? :giggle: One of the houses I built back east in '93 cost me $80K and that was just the house. It was around 1650 sq ft and I had already owned the land prior. But everything's always been really expensive back there.
Lol no, more like a cabin. 896 sqft 2 bed 1 bath ranch. I have very simple needs. Plus materials were cheaper in WV we dont have the hyperinflation 9f the northeast. $55sqft framed and finished. Heck how you think I had money to afford a Lariat ?
Sponsored

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Howdee gang! Introducing myself as the owner of a brand new Gen 6 Ranger WildTrak. Picked it up on 12 January 2023 and gotta say, most of y’all are going to love it! I say most because after being on other forums for my Bronco, Jeeps, and Raptors, I know there are those on forums that basically hate everything!

Initial shakedown cruise showed that even bone stock this is one tough truck. We ended up covering the entire range of conditions: pavement, gravel, dirt, mud, deep loose sand, multiple river crossings, steep climbs coming out of the river up sandy and rocky embankments. You name it, we likely crossed it. Did great!

Phenomenal interior. Great ride. Great tech. More to follow but initial thoughts all include “wow.”

34023552-F500-4733-B2F3-D6FD1E2FBB24.jpeg

9655C546-C526-42AC-A4B2-474E44140DDF.jpeg

DFFD2FE2-117D-4049-9B39-2040BF951E20.jpeg

E8749A11-DE62-44D1-B0F9-7B8B802D7BE5.jpeg

DBB2895C-3568-4C5C-A60E-618A97FB077F.jpeg

5BBB449B-BE5B-4CEB-BDC0-E4DF95E9AC08.jpeg
Useless! Steering is on the wrong side …:party:

OP
OP
Equitasforall

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger WildTrak
Occupation
I could tell you, but then I’d have to….

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! And no, you aren’t the only one that thinks that, and that’s ok. If everyone agrees on everything all the time only one person is really doing the thinking.

While I don’t mind the exterior, I actually preferred the look of the Sport better than the WildTrak. In the food chain the Sport falls between the XLT and WildTrak. Price wise though the ‘Trak was more worth the money. I went with the Ranger in general over some of the competitors because it seemed to be the best combination of capabilities, comfort, equipment, and price, with the look being really bottom of the list.
makes sense to me man what the difference between the sport and wildtrak?

OP
OP
Equitasforall

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger WildTrak
Occupation
I could tell you, but then I’d have to….
makes sense to me man what the difference between the sport and wildtrak?
The Sport falls between the XLT and the WildTrak. Think XLT with a little more off-road capability. Has a bit higher stance, running boards, tubular steel roll bar, off road tires, all standard. WildTrak takes the stance, boards, tires, from the Sport and adds the power tonneau cover, different sport bar, bigger infotainment screen, different engine options (adds the diesel V6 to the choices) a few different configuration options in the vehicle settings, front view camera standard. WildTrak is one step below the Raptor in the food chain. You can option a Sport out to get close to the WT, but for the price, was better to go straight to the WT for what I was going to be doing. Could have gone either way though and been happy.
Sponsored