Marker Light idea.

BrianEvens

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I have an idea that I'm probably too dumb to execute, and most of you cats are way smarter than me, so that's why I'm bring it here.

I want to have my side markers, my turn signals and my mirror markers all work as "marker lights", that just stay on. I have a Lariat and I believe that the turn signals and the mirror markers only work as turn signals now...but I'm thinking that if I use a dual filament bulb (or whatever you would refer to a LED equivalent as), the turn signals and mirror markers could stay on steady, at a lower brightness...and then still function as turn signals/flashers at a higher brightness when needed. The rub is, I have no clue if any of that's even possible, and if so, how. As I've posted here multiple times; I also want to completely eliminate the bright white LED "position lights" on the lower part of the headlights...but I'm losing hope that that's possible.

I've attached some photos to illustrate what I'm thinking with the marker lights. The photo with everything lit was captured when I hit the remote lock on my key fob.

Turn & Side Marker.png

Mirror Marker.png

All the Markers.png
Sponsored

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
I'm pretty sure you can change your DRL from the signature bar to the turn signal in Forscan. It won't affect the parking light dim illumination, but when your headlights are in auto in the daytime, the turn signals will be substituted for the DRL bar. Won't do the mirror or the side ones.

To get the side markers and mirror markers to accept a dual filament bulb, you'd need to replace the socket the bulbs go into, and I'm not sure they have a dual filament bulb in a 194-ish size. It *could* be done, but with significant modification and wiring.

The headlight turn signal should be a 7443 bulb, which is already dual filament if you can re-wire the headlight to illuminate the "low" side of the turn signal instead of the DRL bar. The XLT parking lights use the low side of the turn signal.

OP
OP
BrianEvens

BrianEvens

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I'm pretty sure you can change your DRL from the signature bar to the turn signal in Forscan. It won't affect the parking light dim illumination, but when your headlights are in auto in the daytime, the turn signals will be substituted for the DRL bar. Won't do the mirror or the side ones.

To get the side markers and mirror markers to accept a dual filament bulb, you'd need to replace the socket the bulbs go into, and I'm not sure they have a dual filament bulb in a 194-ish size. It *could* be done, but with significant modification and wiring.

The headlight turn signal should be a 7443 bulb, which is already dual filament if you can re-wire the headlight to illuminate the "low" side of the turn signal instead of the DRL bar. The XLT parking lights use the low side of the turn signal.

Thanks Trey! That's the best info I've gotten! Well, technically, it's the only info I've gotten, but it's still the best!:like:

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
Thanks Trey! That's the best info I've gotten! Well, technically, it's the only info I've gotten, but it's still the best!:like:
Happy to (kinda) help! Additionally, last time I was messing with Forscan, I thought I saw an option to have the tail lights active with the DRL, which I imagine would turn on the fender marker lights too any time the truck is out of Park with the lights in Auto.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to (kinda) help! Additionally, last time I was messing with Forscan, I thought I saw an option to have the tail lights active with the DRL, which I imagine would turn on the fender marker lights too any time the truck is out of Park with the lights in Auto.

Yes, Side markers and tail lights but not puddle lamps. I wired my grill lights to the marker lights so now they are on with the DRLs

Daytime running includes park lights

BCM - 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Yes, Side markers and tail lights but not puddle lamps. I wired my grill lights to the marker lights so now they are on with the DRLs

Daytime running includes park lights

BCM - 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx
Not to hijack this thread, but is there anyway in Forscan to program the front parking lights to come on with normal headlight operation and NOT be in DRL mode? The fender mounted side markers operate normally with the headlights on, however the parking lights located in the headlight housing do not.
As it is now on my 2020 Lariat, the only time the parking lights operate at all is either by using the turn signals or hazard lights. The lamp is a dual filament, I am puzzled as to why one of the filaments is just along for the ride.

CypherBlue

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2wd
Occupation
Web Developer
I have an idea that I'm probably too dumb to execute, and most of you cats are way smarter than me, so that's why I'm bring it here.

I want to have my side markers, my turn signals and my mirror markers all work as "marker lights", that just stay on. I have a Lariat and I believe that the turn signals and the mirror markers only work as turn signals now...but I'm thinking that if I use a dual filament bulb (or whatever you would refer to a LED equivalent as), the turn signals and mirror markers could stay on steady, at a lower brightness...and then still function as turn signals/flashers at a higher brightness when needed. The rub is, I have no clue if any of that's even possible, and if so, how. As I've posted here multiple times; I also want to completely eliminate the bright white LED "position lights" on the lower part of the headlights...but I'm losing hope that that's possible.

I've attached some photos to illustrate what I'm thinking with the marker lights. The photo with everything lit was captured when I hit the remote lock on my key fob.

Turn & Side Marker.png

Mirror Marker.png

All the Markers.png

So I am trying to achieve the same thing, I did enable the parking lights to come on with the LED DRLs but to get the Turn signals to light up also, there is an option in the BCM module in forscan that sets the TURNS to be on with the parking lights. I enabled it, look at the attached pic. BUT when you enable they disable the flashing of the front and mirror turn signals, note the rear turn signals are unaffected. Im trying to see if anyone else has encountered this and if there is a work around.

IMG_4959.jpg