mapco

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Really happy with her so far. It is 4x4 with the locking differential and the sport appearance package. Also has the towing package. Ordered Ford mudflaps, door sill guards, the carpet bed liner, seat covers, weathertech floor liners, and bought some used Lariat LED headlight assemblies on eBay. Over the next year I plan on installing an OME lift, ARB bull bar, warn winch, and a GFC camper. I'll be driving from Alaska to Argentina hopefully next year.

This is my third new Ford I've bought. Also owned a Fiesta ST and Focus RS before this. A couple of years ago I also owned a Mazda B4000 4x4 so I guess this is kinda my second Ranger!

IMG_20200630_193907.jpg

IMG_20200702_093258.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Nice choice. Welcome to the club. You're gonna want to get intimately familiar with Forscan. Especially with getting the Lariat LEDs to work correctly and not throw warning lights.

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Really happy with her so far. It is 4x4 with the locking differential and the sport appearance package. Also has the towing package. Ordered Ford mudflaps, door sill guards, the carpet bed liner, seat covers, weathertech floor liners, and bought some used Lariat LED headlight assemblies on eBay. Over the next year I plan on installing an OME lift, ARB bull bar, warn winch, and a GFC camper. I'll be driving from Alaska to Argentina hopefully next year.

This is my third new Ford I've bought. Also owned a Fiesta ST and Focus RS before this. A couple of years ago I also owned a Mazda B4000 4x4 so I guess this is kinda my second Ranger!

IMG_20200630_193907.jpg

IMG_20200702_093258.jpg
Engine block heater ?

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Welcome to the forum and your new Ranger. That adventure from Alaska to Argentina will probably be exciting when you can do it. Make sure to keep us updated once you start the trip. :)

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

IMG_20200630_193907.jpg

IMG_20200702_093258.jpg
Beautiful!

OP
OP
mapco

mapco

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice choice. Welcome to the club. You're gonna want to get intimately familiar with Forscan. Especially with getting the Lariat LEDs to work correctly and not throw warning lights.
Does the Android app work? I have a bluetooth OMDII reader

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Not to make changes to the system, you can only view the module information. You will need the full app and a laptop to do that.

OP
OP
mapco

mapco

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Not to make changes to the system, you can only view the module information. You will need the full app and a laptop to do that.
Well dang. Anyone have one I could borrow? I hate to pay $60 for something I'll use once

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Oh, trust me you'll very likely use it more than one time. Once you start playing around in there you will start to wonder what all cool features and options can be enabled. You can get a trial license setup with Forscan that's good for 3 months and that can be renewed at least one time. There are a couple options for the cable as well.

This cable is only $31 on Amazon and works very well, but you just have to flip the switch when prompted. Or if you're lazy like me you can get this one instead. Then when you're done with it and decide are not going to use it anymore, you can always sell it on here. There are cheaper cables out there than the $30 but may not work correctly or cause errors so it's best to stick with one that is proven to work.

OP
OP
mapco

mapco

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, trust me you'll very likely use it more than one time. Once you start playing around in there you will start to wonder what all cool features and options can be enabled. You can get a trial license setup with Forscan that's good for 3 months and that can be renewed at least one time. There are a couple options for the cable as well.

This cable is only $31 on Amazon and works very well, but you just have to flip the switch when prompted. Or if you're lazy like me you can get this one instead. Then when you're done with it and decide are not going to use it anymore, you can always sell it on here. There are cheaper cables out there than the $30 but may not work correctly or cause errors so it's best to stick with one that is proven to work.
Alright. Just ordered.
Sponsored