OP
pa-fatboy

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
For our Rangers... nobody builds floor liners with better coverage than WeatherTech.... at least based on what I've seen and compiled below.

See how they cover the kick panel and door sill where the drivers left foot is. That area takes a beating, at least with my size 12 boots it does. None of the other floor liners cover this area.

Ford vs WeatherTech comparison by Northlight on Ranger5G.jpeg
I’m not sure I am looking at the right picture. I agree with you that WeatherTech makes an amazing product. I have bought WeatherTech, full coverage, (front seat, rear seat, and trunk) for the last 4 cars I bought. I resold them on eBay when I traded the cars that are gone. The comments from the buyers were, “they look brand new!”.

I am not a fan of the price. I was willing to pay it because they are an American company where all funding stays in the US. Then I saw Husky was American made as well and $50 less. I thought I’d give them a try. I am impressed. My thought is, how much better can the WeatherTech be? The Husky’s go up and around the door sill as well as the area were your right foot rests. I have size 12 feet and wear Timberland hiking boots with metal toes. (Okay, they were bought at a store closing sale in Iowa)

I can’t see the WeatherTech coverage in the pictures. I’ll post the Husky and how about you post the WeatherTech as installed in the truck. 3 pictures. Driver, Passenger and Rear seat. Make sure the door sill and complete foot well area is in the picture. Deal?
Sponsored

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
There’s also two versions of the Husky liners @HenryMac but the coverage looks similar with both Husky's which agree don’t cover as much. I learned this when shopping around for mats. Your picture of Husky's are the Weatherbeater. The nicer ones are their X-Act Contours but again I believe coverage is same or similar to the WB versions. And price of X-Act are $130-ish for just fronts.

Pic of X-Act below from their site and installed front driver. We went this route but was more pushed by the style of locking the mat down in passenger side due to Ford cheaping out on 20’s not including the clips. The WT would have those areas open if using them and didn’t want to deal with tracking the clips down, etc.

https://www.huskyliners.com/X-act-C...0/ford/ranger/body-style/supercrew-cab-pickup
C0E6B915-9BFB-4C2A-9CA1-701F0492312E.jpeg
A6651FC2-EE69-4009-B1A1-38613296AE48.jpeg

OP
OP
pa-fatboy

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some Husky Liner pictures from my truck this morning.

694D883C-248E-400D-A66B-C6B0017C939B.jpeg

53F61172-CADB-4F76-B270-9007943A470C.jpeg

DC13E5ED-FEAC-4F3D-A893-63E831339A23.jpeg

16C12E44-0F03-468A-B91F-8F3C2689B518.jpeg

248366F9-F700-4642-9EA9-85976E4432E7.jpeg

75F8B9F2-3699-42C4-AD87-433921A2BF33.jpeg

B634E7B9-F312-4379-83D2-F8CB91A5B472.jpeg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I can’t see the WeatherTech coverage in the pictures. I’ll post the Husky and how about you post the WeatherTech as installed in the truck. 3 pictures. Driver, Passenger and Rear seat. Make sure the door sill and complete foot well area is in the picture. Deal?
Deal

See how the kick panels and sill plates are covered by the WeatherTech's... and how high up the transmission hump they cover... compared to the Huskies?

001.JPG
001a.JPG
003.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
pa-fatboy

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Deal

See how the kick panels and sill plates are covered by the WeatherTech's... and how high up the transmission hump they cover... compared to the Huskies?
The WT do cover an inch or two higher on the kick panel and trans tunnel. I think the Husky’s may cover more of the foot rest area, but it’s hard to tell really. On the WT pictures, the firewall side coverage doesn’t seem to go the to top of the brake petal. I think I can see the top of the rubber foot rest. The Husky’s cover to the top of the brake petal and I can’t see the rubber foot rest. But, it is a bit hard to tell.

It’s like the Husky’s can hold 2 gallons of water, WT can hold 2.33 gallons of water. Does that really matter? Both of them will do a great job protecting the rug from whatever your feet have been in and will help protect the plastic kick panel from most boot scuffing.

The extra side coverage from WT liners is there and you can say WT covers more interior than Husky liners. Does where the coverage is really protect more that adds to trade-in or dollars spent on a detailer cleaning the interior?

I don’t know. I guess it’s how you use the truck and how careful you are when getting in the truck after working/being outside.

Peace.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
The WT do cover an inch or two higher on the kick panel and trans tunnel. I think the Husky’s may cover more of the foot rest area, but it’s hard to tell really. On the WT pictures, the firewall side coverage doesn’t seem to go the to top of the brake petal. I think I can see the top of the rubber foot rest. The Husky’s cover to the top of the brake petal and I can’t see the rubber foot rest. But, it is a bit hard to tell.

It’s like the Husky’s can hold 2 gallons of water, WT can hold 2.33 gallons of water. Does that really matter? Both of them will do a great job protecting the rug from whatever your feet have been in and will help protect the plastic kick panel from most boot scuffing.

The extra side coverage from WT liners is there and you can say WT covers more interior than Husky liners. Does where the coverage is really protect more that adds to trade-in or dollars spent on a detailer cleaning the interior?

I don’t know. I guess it’s how you use the truck and how careful you are when getting in the truck after working/being outside.

Peace.
If you are buying floor liners..... you want coverage and protection... and more is better.
Sponsored