FORD to invest 1 billion in Africa

Anger

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 XLT FX4 SCAB, ole vette
Investment might be a waste. SA has troubles keeping it's lights on most of the time and the government is daft to put it lightly.

The country could be underutilized, though, as I know the ranger is pretty darn popular there. Lots of companies have pulled out and could be lots of labour to snap up, and maybe some tax breaks from the gov't.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
I worked for a subcontractor doing work for an oil major during the GFC. Their employees generally needed to move around the world to keep moving up the food chain. They had a project in SA that was having safety issues. They sent over a friend of mine, an oil major safety officer to help clean it up. I guess it was a disaster. The laborers were showing up drunk or high on something too often. Generally the major would ban you for life if that happened in the states. In SA it was so bad they started having drug tests before every shift. Labor was so short they would just send you home if you failed a test. They would allow you go come back tomorrow and try again.
Sponsored