akarisilver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hey all,

My driver side-mirror seems to be warped at the bottom portion of the mirror. So when I pass vehicles, they go from normal then start turning skinny (like a mirror at funhouse). I know it sounds silly, but its starting to mess with my depth perception.

Has anyone had the same issue? Figured I ask before taking it in.

Thanks
Sponsored

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Mine doesn't have that issue, haven't looked too closely though but I would have noticed it.
How far up is the distortion? (i.e. right at the bottom edge, inch off the bottom, in the middle? etc)
Pic?

OP
OP
akarisilver

akarisilver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Mine doesn't have that issue, haven't looked too closely though but I would have noticed it.
How far up is the distortion? (i.e. right at the bottom edge, inch off the bottom, in the middle? etc)
Pic?
Super late reply, but turns out the mirror defected and replaced by my dealer. It almost took 1 year for the dealer to get the replacement mirror.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Super late reply, but turns out the mirror defected and replaced by my dealer. It almost took 1 year for the dealer to get the replacement mirror.
Not surprised at all by this. Ford is really screwing over their customers by not providing replacement parts to the dealers in a timely manner. Been waiting for 3 months for a replacement rear window because the dealership's window tint guy broke the rear defroster tab off when tinting the replacement window that I waited for 3 months for them to get in to fix the leak it had since day one... It's been 9 months since they put the door window weather stripping on order because they are curled inwards at the top. Still no word on when either of those will be in.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Not surprised at all by this. Ford is really screwing over their customers by not providing replacement parts to the dealers in a timely manner. Been waiting for 3 months for a replacement rear window because the dealership's window tint guy broke the rear defroster tab off when tinting the replacement window that I waited for 3 months for them to get in to fix the leak it had since day one... It's been 9 months since they put the door window weather stripping on order because they are curled inwards at the top. Still no word on when either of those will be in.
That really sucks Bret - frustrating for sure - I hope they get it taken care of soon. ?