• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

New York Diesel for the ubiquitous Lima

yldouright

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVO
I picked up an '86 SVO in rough shape and am looking at making ~450hp at the wheels with it but keeping the torque under 300ft-lbs so it looks like I need ~8,000rpm. I'd prefer to do this with diesel but I could live with using E100. For those doubting diesel can burn that fast, keep in mind the boost looks like it will make the mixture hot enough to accomplish the burn with the <80mm stroke by my calculations but I'm willing to hear otherwise.
First, has anyone ever designed a diesel head for the Lima block? If not, how many heads would I have to buy to get someone interested in producing one?
Sponsored

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure you’ll find much interest in the 2.3 Lima on this forum, the Ranger ecoboost 2.3 is a completely different animal of the same displacement.

What does a custom diesel head cost? Just buy a 2.3 ecoboost crate motor and controller and keep it simple haha.

OP
OP

yldouright

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVO
Thanks but I want to make my own fuel. The Ecoboost is not a drop-in replacement on the Foxbody and tooling up a diesel head for a common and cheap block like the Lima might interest some one. It's out there now for people to see it so I guess I've done my part.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks but I want to make my own fuel. The Ecoboost is not a drop-in replacement on the Foxbody and tooling up a diesel head for a common and cheap block like the Lima might interest some one. It's out there now for people to see it so I guess I've done my part.
I don't know if you're around here still, but there have been some nice EcoBoost builds on the Fox body platform. While not a direct drop in, surely it's a lot more reliable and doable than what you're proposing. Check out Mo's Speed Shop (youtube? google?) for their beautiful yello 2.3 EcoBoost Fox as inspiration!
Sponsored