Coilovers with new shoes....

Westy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Just got her back, 2019 Lariat FX4 4x4, had the following installed by a local shop:

Icon 0-3.5" suspension system (coilovers and rear shocks).
LT285/70R17 NIT Ridge Grappler
Kept stock magnetic 17" wheels (I like them!)

Leveled it off, about 2-3/4", no cutting or trimming, crashbars still intact. We did use 1/4" spacers in the rear. Love the look and ride so far. I do anticipate a mpg hit, but she's not my daily driver. Thought I'd share...

20200130_204037.jpg
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Great looking setup, looks even better with the White Platinum paint!

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which stage icon kit did you get? Can you update us on how the truck rides now. Thanks. Looks great.

OP
OP
Westy

Westy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which stage icon kit did you get? Can you update us on how the truck rides now. Thanks. Looks great.
This is the kit I had installed:

http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop...ord-ranger-0-35-suspension-system-stage1.html

Re: ride, I drove her to work this morning (about 100 miles round trip). Continues to be a nice quiet ride. I did notice maybe a bit more vibration from the steering wheel, but very subtle and to be expected with the bigger tires. I also noticed less floatyness (if that's a word) when going over the whoops in the older sections of the LA freeways. There is a few spots where I would almost come off the seat with the stock setup, definitely absorbs better now.

I also felt what appeared to be a slight rub when making a hard right turn with a dip. I ducked in to a parking lot to test on the way home by aggressively turning hard right and left, no rubbing. I'll keep an eye on it and bring it back to my guy for adjustments if needed.

Overall no regrets, she's still peppy as ever, drives on rails and I love the stance and overall look. I'm hoping to play in the dirt in the next few weeks, nothing heavy for me, but I do enjoy it. I'll keep you posted...

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Just got her back, 2019 Lariat FX4 4x4, had the following installed by a local shop:

Icon 0-3.5" suspension system (coilovers and rear shocks).
LT285/70R17 NIT Ridge Grappler
Kept stock magnetic 17" wheels (I like them!)

Leveled it off, about 2-3/4", no cutting or trimming, crashbars still intact. We did use 1/4" spacers in the rear. Love the look and ride so far. I do anticipate a mpg hit, but she's not my daily driver. Thought I'd share...

20200130_204037.jpg
I assume you used 1/4 spacers in the *front*? That seems to make the most sense due to upper arm clearance....

Great looking rig!
Sponsored