Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger tremor
Occupation
IT
Hello!

I took delivery of my 2023 ranger tremor earlier this year. I just put a softopper on it and love it so far. I’m looking to add a bed rack over the Softopper and I am currently looking at two options. The xtrusion overland bed rack and the datin fabrication bed rack. They are priced similarly so that is not an issue. I was just curious to see if anyone has any experience with either of the two? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Jeffrey, that’s a pretty slick setup - I had to check them out because this is the first I’ve heard of a bed rack over top of a softopper.

B39B08D5-725D-404C-A7D6-BC81FAC3B480.jpeg

Very cool. ?

OP
OP

WantMyRanger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger tremor
Occupation
IT
Jeffrey, that’s a pretty slick setup - I had to check them out because this is the first I’ve heard of a bed rack over top of a softopper.

B39B08D5-725D-404C-A7D6-BC81FAC3B480.jpeg

Very cool. ?
I agree, it is a slick setup! I don’t think I can go wrong with either.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
Hello!

I took delivery of my 2023 ranger tremor earlier this year. I just put a softopper on it and love it so far. I’m looking to add a bed rack over the Softopper and I am currently looking at two options. The xtrusion overland bed rack and the datin fabrication bed rack. They are priced similarly so that is not an issue. I was just curious to see if anyone has any experience with either of the two? Thanks in advance for any advice!
I'm considering the same setup with a rack and Softopper. Do either of these racks allow you to fold the Softopper forward though? I need that function from it.

OP
OP

WantMyRanger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger tremor
Occupation
IT
I'm considering the same setup with a rack and Softopper. Do either of these racks allow you to fold the Softopper forward though? I need that function from it.
I know that datin bed rack will not allow the softopper to retract, they mention this on their website. I’m not sure on the xtrusion rack. On the xtrusion site, you custom build each bed rack and you get to pick your height, I’ll have to call to see if it possible to retract the softopper.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, it is a slick setup! I don’t think I can go wrong with either.
That only leaves a few considerations…

Ease of installation
Mounting points and accessory mounts
Maximum weight capacity

I like that the Xtrusion Overland has so many t-slots. Seems to me that will give you unlimited mounting points and adjustability. That’s one of the features of my Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform that I love so much - I can re-configure it however, whenever.

I’m sure you’ll be happy with either. Five bucks says after you buy all the cool accessories, mounts, and extra supports, you almost double the base model price. :D

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I know that datin bed rack will not allow the softopper to retract, they mention this on their website. I’m not sure on the xtrusion rack. On the xtrusion site, you custom build each bed rack and you get to pick your height, I’ll have to call to see if it possible to retract the softopper.
Wow - I figured that would be a given on both. I guess you’ll find out.

OP
OP

WantMyRanger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger tremor
Occupation
IT
That only leaves a few considerations…

Ease of installation
Mounting points and accessory mounts
Maximum weight capacity

I like that the Xtrusion Overland has so many t-slots. Seems to me that will give you unlimited mounting points and adjustability. That’s one of the features of my Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform that I love so much - I can re-configure it however, whenever.

I’m sure you’ll be happy with either. Five bucks says after you buy all the cool accessories, mounts, and extra supports, you almost double the base model price. :D
Both of these seem easy enough to install. I think xtrusion has the upper hand for mounting points. As far as weight capacity I am not sure. Xtrusion mentions “… capabilities for over 350 lbs dynamic loads.” The datin fabrication site mentions “static load ratings 1000lbs”.
I’m not smart enough to compare those two stats. Anyone?
Sponsored