RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Just received my @APG_RANGER Prorunner build. It blew away my expectations. The Truck looks incredible. They took the time to custom fabricate my aftermarket bumper to make it fit with the new wide body kit.

Yoko X-AT Ranger 2.JPG

Yoko X-AT Ranger.JPG
Truck looks absolutely stunning! Congratulations on the work. That wide body kit is some of the best I've seen. Wish I could see this truck in person.
Sponsored

Reactions: APG

APG

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 APG Ranger ProRunner
Occupation
Ranger Builder
The deal with the tie rods make sense.

I do have a question about the towing capacity though. If you have a long travel suspension that is mean to flex much easier than factory how does the towing capacity become not affected? I ask this because unlike the Old Man EMU kit that I installed on my truck this would be set for high speed offroad driving like the trophy trucks we see on the TV. With a suspension that is near that I have a hard time believing that the towing capacity is barely touched at all.

Dont get me wrong here, if you do build your truck like such then you probably could care less about towing but I still would like to know.
Glad you asked! Off-road performance and towing each rely on different components to get the job done. High-speed off-road driving requires the stability and smoothness that you can get from a high performance shock, such as a King 2.5 bypass shock with a remote reservoir. A shock like that can benefit from having a progressive leaf spring, as it will stiffen up as the wheel approaches full bump, vs a linear spring like the stock leaf pack. But the shock alone will make a huge difference.

Towing capacity, however, has almost nothing to do with shocks, and is almost entirely spring-related. If your progressive leaf spring pack is designed to handle the same or more weight in the bed as a stock truck, your long travel suspension will be able to tow anything the same as stock. And in many cases, it'll ride even better with the progressive pack.

And to be clear, nothing anyone is doing for Ford Rangers even comes close to the suspension you'll find on a trophy truck. A progressive leaf pack and high performance King shock will get you some pretty good results when driving fast over bumpy roads, but comparing it to what a trophy truck can do is completely wrong. TT's have a triangulated 4-link rear suspension with a coilover and bypass mounted to a trailing arm, with a sway bar. That setup is definitely not ideal for towing, but that's not the intent.

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Who makes that front grill? Is that an APG product as well? I'd love to get my hands on a grill like that but with amber rather than clear lights. Also, those flares are so money. Again, such a sweet looking ride. All of the APG Rangers are so money.

OP
OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Who makes that front grill? Is that an APG product as well? I'd love to get my hands on a grill like that but with amber rather than clear lights. Also, those flares are so money. Again, such a sweet looking ride. All of the APG Rangers are so money.
Today is your lucky day! Please see the link below, as they offer my grill with amber lights. The grill is made by @dangeranger he can help you out!

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/48002000-2019-2020-Ford-Ranger-AFN-Replacement-Grille.html

OP
OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Truck looks absolutely stunning! Congratulations on the work. That wide body kit is some of the best I've seen. Wish I could see this truck in person.
Thank you man! @APG truly out does themselves. Maybe you can get one done as well!

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you man! @APG truly out does themselves. Maybe you can get one done as well!
I’d love to but my ARB bumper would end up being too short and any rear bumper would be limited. I’ll continue to admire and celebrate yours! That’s good enough for me!

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I’d love to but my ARB bumper would end up being too short and any rear bumper would be limited. I’ll continue to admire and celebrate yours! That’s good enough for me!
Funny you say that, my Westin front bumper was too short, so APG custom fabricated extensions to make my Westin bumper fit seamlessly with the additional 5" of width on either side. You cannot even tell it is not factory. @APG

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Funny you say that, my Westin front bumper was too short, so APG custom fabricated extensions to make my Westin bumper fit seamlessly with the additional 5" of width on either side. You cannot even tell it is not factory. @APG
That’s great it worked out for your front bumper and APG is willing to find solutions for their customers.

rangerfromzona

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Unreal!!! Amazing transformation. Beyond the looks, comments you'll get, the head turns, conversations at the gas station, I am sure your off road experience will be worth EVERY penny of that investment! :handsinair:

OP
OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Unreal!!! Amazing transformation. Beyond the looks, comments you'll get, the head turns, conversations at the gas station, I am sure your off road experience will be worth EVERY penny of that investment! :handsinair:
Thank you! It truly is wild to drive around town and see the looks the truck gets. Whether it is a Ferrari owner, or a Kia owner, they all stop and stare. The grill does a great job of hiding what it is. I have gotten too many questions asking "Is that the new Tacoma?" :rolleyes:

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Reminds me of a ZR2.
Sponsored