First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2020 Ranger Lariat. I need to replace the center console lid. (Daughters puppy chewed it up) I can get the back piece and get to the 4 screws holding the console in place, but another piece pf the console needs to come apart to remove the lid. Obviously I don't want to start pulling and prying on things. I can't find a video, or any other kind of intrsuctions for removing and replacing the console lid. Has anyone got any info on how the get the lid out of there?
Thank you, Chuck
Sponsored

Mid-Size

Sadly I am in the same boat... My truck was purchased used, and the arm rest pad front right corner the leather/fabric came out front it's mount. I could glue it back with stitching glue but summer heat will just have me back to square one again... I'd prefer a one and done solution.

I tried digging for the PDF's I saw on here. But they look incomplete, the section you and I would be looking for is not there. And to purchase them on some websites the price is crazy high... I'd buy Chiltons for what maybe $20 and you could complete dismantle your vehicle with one of those books.

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
do not know if it will help but here is some pictures of a console removes

cup holder botom 2020 ranger.jpg

rear consle ranger 2020.jpg

side 2020 ranger console.jpg

2020 ranger cup holder.jpg

RangerVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I have a 2020 Ranger Lariat. I need to replace the center console lid. (Daughters puppy chewed it up) I can get the back piece and get to the 4 screws holding the console in place, but another piece pf the console needs to come apart to remove the lid. Obviously I don't want to start pulling and prying on things. I can't find a video, or any other kind of intrsuctions for removing and replacing the console lid. Has anyone got any info on how the get the lid out of there?
Thank you, Chuck
I also am needing to replace the armrest lid on my 2020 Ranger. Did you find out how to do it?

OP
OP

Tuckcheis

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I never did learn how to replace the console lid. I traded the Ranger in on a new Chevy Trail Boss, 6.2
I loved that little Ranger.

RangerVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Sadly I am in the same boat... My truck was purchased used, and the arm rest pad front right corner the leather/fabric came out front it's mount. I could glue it back with stitching glue but summer heat will just have me back to square one again... I'd prefer a one and done solution.

I tried digging for the PDF's I saw on here. But they look incomplete, the section you and I would be looking for is not there. And to purchase them on some websites the price is crazy high... I'd buy Chiltons for what maybe $20 and you could complete dismantle your vehicle with one of those books.
Hi there. I need to replace the armrest lid on my 2020 Ranger as well. Did figure out how to remove the old one? I can't find any docs or videos on the web.

Jerod2099

First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger crew.
Occupation
Bum
Getting the lid off is easy. Once those 4 screws are removed that hold the lid you just need to pull the trim back enough to pull the lid out. You can get the back section loose by prying the two panels apart gently with a flat head screwdriver from inside the back of the console behind the usb/acc panel that you pulled off to access the screws.

The issue I am having is getting the lid to come apart to put a new cover on it. If anyone figures that out please post it. I know a new lid can be purchase for $100ish but I want to just fix it or put new fabric on it.

fjwlobo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCREW
I have this cover on my center console lid. I don't have anything wrong with mine right now but, I just want to keep it from being ruined. I have a couple dachshunds and yes, they like to chew as well. This might be an option to replacing the lid or at least protecting it once it is replaced.

PIMCAR Compatible with 2019 2020... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7WFK6NX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport
Occupation
City Administrator

My center console cover came loose at the grab area too and I tucked it up under and superglued it. Must be a thing.

JohnnyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Pilot
I stumbled on this tread looking for how to get the armrest off. I just changed mine. You really only need a 7mm socket and tool to release the clips that hold the USB piece on.

You just grab that little shelf on the back of the console and pull. Take out those four 7mm bolts. Look around on the sides of the back piece and release the little plastic clip tabs while pulling back. It pops out enough to swap out the arm rest.

I changed mine because I have screws in my arm that seemed to touch the area above the release button in just the wrong way. I was hoping that the new one would have a bit more padding above the release button. It really doesn't. Turns out my original one is about as good as it gets. I am going to sell the old one. It looks absolutely perfect and as it turns out there is nothing wrong with it.

I paid $120 for the new one. I am thinking $60 plus shipping. I get a deal on 2 day fedex and could ship it today.
PXL_20231026_135312699.jpg
PXL_20231026_135350517.jpg
PXL_20231026_140201398.jpg
PXL_20231026_140203900.jpg
PXL_20231026_140220751.jpg
PXL_20231026_140230766.jpg
PXL_20231026_140821067.jpg

TONTO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I stumbled on this tread looking for how to get the armrest off. I just changed mine. You really only need a 7mm socket and tool to release the clips that hold the USB piece on.

You just grab that little shelf on the back of the console and pull. Take out those four 7mm bolts. Look around on the sides of the back piece and release the little plastic clip tabs while pulling back. It pops out enough to swap out the arm rest.

I changed mine because I have screws in my arm that seemed to touch the area above the release button in just the wrong way. I was hoping that the new one would have a bit more padding above the release button. It really doesn't. Turns out my original one is about as good as it gets. I am going to sell the old one. It looks absolutely perfect and as it turns out there is nothing wrong with it.

I paid $120 for the new one. I am thinking $60 plus shipping. I get a deal on 2 day fedex and could ship it today.
PXL_20231026_135350517.jpg
PXL_20231026_140201398.jpg
PXL_20231026_140203900.jpg
PXL_20231026_140220751.jpg
PXL_20231026_140230766.jpg
PXL_20231026_140821067.jpg
I'm having the same problem on my 2020 Ranger. The leather is coming lose from the front of the lid on the underneath side. JohnnyLightning, can you tell me a little more about how you got the back off? I pulled out the shelf and have taken out the 4 7mm screws but I can't see anything more about how to pull the back off to get the lid out. I can't seem to find the little plastic clip tabs to release.
Thanks so much for the pictures and help so far.

JohnnyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Pilot
It is really not hard. Don't put too much thought into it. If you got to the four 7mm's there are not any more screws. Just apply pressure aft to the plastic rim that is now left on the back of the console and look forward into the area left and right of the metal bracket the 4 screws go into. There are a few little plastic locks that you need to release. they are just little strips, they dont look like much. YOu could probably jus over power them, if you haven't already. You could use anything to separate them a little and the back will lean out from the top. I didnt take mine all the way off, I just pulled the top edge back a bit, slipped the arm rest out/ put the new one in and clicked it back together. Before you click it back, look into the armrest compartment and make sure that top flat piece between the hinges is lined up.

It is really easy, It does look like it is going to require a big job. It really isn't.

TONTO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
It is really not hard. Don't put too much thought into it. If you got to the four 7mm's there are not any more screws. Just apply pressure aft to the plastic rim that is now left on the back of the console and look forward into the area left and right of the metal bracket the 4 screws go into. There are a few little plastic locks that you need to release. they are just little strips, they dont look like much. YOu could probably jus over power them, if you haven't already. You could use anything to separate them a little and the back will lean out from the top. I didnt take mine all the way off, I just pulled the top edge back a bit, slipped the arm rest out/ put the new one in and clicked it back together. Before you click it back, look into the armrest compartment and make sure that top flat piece between the hinges is lined up.

It is really easy, It does look like it is going to require a big job. It really isn't.
Thanks for the reply. Putting too much thought into it is my specialty.:wink: I'll take a crack at it next weekend.
Sponsored